PDA

View Full Version : Moving Corals.

Drumachine09
07-25-2007, 06:38 PM
Ive got a few mushrooms in my 10g, and two of them are really close together. I would like to space them out a bit, but they are attatched quite firmly to the chunk of live rock they are perched on. Is there any way i can move one of them with out damaging the bottom of it?

unleashed
07-25-2007, 10:56 PM
only with sharp tools such as scalpels. if you damage the bottom the mushy will die.

coachfraley
07-26-2007, 02:17 AM
Dru, I had the exact same problem, and I just took care of it today (What is with all of these coincidences). I had 2 green hairy mushrooms on the same rock and they were starting to butt up against each other when they opened up.

Under the recommendation of a good LFS store, I took the rock out and used a hammer and chisel to crack the rock in 2 pieces. It worked perfectly! I placed the shrooms on opposite ends of the tank, and now they have plenty of room to expand.

Hope this will work in your case.

Drumachine09
07-26-2007, 02:18 AM
It turned out, one of the mushrooms was attatched to a "branch" off of the peice of LR. I used my hands and broke the peice it was on off of the rock, adn sat it on the other side. Its a good thing, because i got two more corals today! (for free :ezpi_wink1: )