PDA

View Full Version : Pleco died :(

gregmcc
06-25-2011, 08:39 AM
This morning I see my pleco died. :( Was about 4 years old and 30cm long.

I've been reading a few posts on how much people feed their plecos and now wonder if he starved to death :(((

I had plenty of fake plants with algae on and every now and again (every 2 weeks) used wafer tablets. He seemed to be doing fine and was growing nicely and looked healthy yesterday. All the other fish seem fine in the tank.

Going to get another one - would just love to know what went wrong. Maybe it was from lack of food as the bigger he got the more food he needed? I did seem him eating some of the normal fish food I give the other fish.

Damn - I feel so bad now :(

genocidex
06-25-2011, 09:31 AM
they will eat flake food on the bottom and if it looked healthy chances are it was. but did you offer it driftwood? if not id get a peice and let it grow some yummies for the new one. also you might want to look into if it / the new one is carnivorous if so then the drift wood would only serve as nice cover, those types of plecos need meaty sinking food. hope the next one is happy. btw 4 years seems a long time for it to starve all the sudden lol

gregmcc
06-25-2011, 10:52 AM
lol - yes. I was also thinking its survived a long time starving :)

Thanks - I'll looking into getting some drift wood. Off to the LFS :)

genocidex
06-25-2011, 03:42 PM
definatly look into its diet before you buy one. if you get a carnivore and feed it veggies youll start loosing your other fish every night lol