PDA

View Full Version : Target Feeding

hockeyhead019
06-21-2011, 05:33 PM
Hey everybody,

Ok so just out of my own curiosity how do you guys target feed your corals? Do you just turn off your flow and then use a turkey blaster to shoot mysis or something of the like towards the heads of the coral??

I just wanna get an idea since I plan on getting another frogspawn and hopefully a duncan colony which I've read are good to target feed.

Thanks!!!

Cliff
06-21-2011, 06:26 PM
When I feed mysis (which is not too often) I will shut off the powerheads (leaving only the return pump running) and use a very long pair of tweezers to place the mysis on the coralís mouth. Then I cover the coral with a emptied and very well cleaned strawberry basket, or a cover I made with the top half of a plastic bottle, so the fish canít steel the food. It usually takes a least a few minutes for the coral to eat the food

When I feed pellet food (which is weekly), I use a 2í pc of ĹĒ PVC tube. I place then of the tube just over the coralís mouth and drop the pellets in the other end. I will cover the coral the same way until it has finished eating.

http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad226/Cliff_Erhardt/Cliff%20fish%20tank%20pics/DSC05703.jpg

For the other corals (without a mouth) I will dose liquid coral food in the tank

labnjab
06-22-2011, 09:15 PM
The only coral we feed is our sun and occasionally our Duncan and we leave the pumps on. They have no problem catching and swallowing the food. The current doesn't slow down in the ocean when they feed.