PDA

View Full Version : hello

eyespotsleepergoby
06-21-2011, 11:50 AM
Hi, folks. Newbie from SC, but got the addiction in a bad way. Hope my wife survives. Started with a betta in a .5 from petsmart, within a week moved up to a gallon. Went and got a 20L for a notion of a community based around my Betta. Well, I got some green tiger barbs for the cycle and that was it! Watching those guys every day got me hooked.

Soon my betta moved to a 2.5, with a couple snails. My 20 is now a 30: tiger barbs, gourami, corys, serpaes, and a peacock gudgeon, all fairly content. Water good, too. Now the 20 is set up again, with the plan of breeding apistogrammas. Seems the only way I can deal with it is to go to the LFS every day. This month its a problem because they are having an anniversary sale.

Now I'm looking at 55s and 75s and 125s like a fool. And eventually will ask for some advice. Need to get my plan together, so I'm open for suggestions. Anyway, howdy.

rich311k
06-21-2011, 12:52 PM
Welcome to AC!

Cecile1
06-21-2011, 01:42 PM
Welcome! I see that MTS- multiple tank syndrome has set in with a vengeance!:hmm3grin2orange:

Stlouisfish
06-21-2011, 02:39 PM
Lucky you if you have the space for bigger tanks - I know the feeling - have just enough room for my 46gal but wish I could get another one!

Welcome!

eyespotsleepergoby
06-21-2011, 06:44 PM
Yah, I'd say multiple tank syndrome for sure. I want an asian communty tank, a tiger barb species only, I have some apistos on hold at my LFS. I have a Blue Acara, small guy, now, that I got a few weeks ago, that I'm dying to get a big tank for. But it will be about a month before I can get it together.
My tanks are unconventional but they work, my water tests out fine and nobody's dying. I read this stuff all the time. So I'm not completrely foolish, and my LFS guys are great, as in would NOT, sell me the Apistos without testing my water.

So the situation is this, i've got some T.Barbs, and cories, and actually a pair of Gouramis(powder blue dwarf and his mutt girlfriend). Everybody gets along, and actually the Gourami uns the show...well setting up the 20L again I realized I could go ahead and do the TBarb species tank.

Long story short, do I take back the Blue Acara, or the Gouramis, eventually having the Apistos live with the Acara.

Realize I'm a newbie and am probably making all sorts of rookie mistakes, I know how lots of experts prowl forums, and also I can see that despite the experts people, and their fish, seem to be doin' alright

Cyberra
06-22-2011, 02:05 AM
^_^ Welcome to the community, from the resident Betta splendens enthusiast

gadget228
06-22-2011, 09:25 AM
Welcome to the AC... :22:

DylanisHawttt
06-22-2011, 02:40 PM
Welcome to the forum :22:

genocidex
06-24-2011, 12:30 AM
welcome to the AC