PDA

View Full Version : problem with an angel

johny87
07-24-2007, 09:14 PM
hello to everyody!!!one of my angels(a yelow head one)has a swollen belly,very swollen,he looks like this for about 2 weeks,and i am sure it is not dropsy as you would probabily think!why?because the fish eats very well,it swims normal,it`s fecales are red as the food that feed them with.i wonder what is happening with this fish,i don`t know how to treat it,or if i should treat it?if some of you has ever had problems like this with their fishes please help me?because i don`t want to loose it!!!fishes likethis variety are very hard to find on the market

Drumachine09
07-24-2007, 09:26 PM
It could be bloat.

Boil some water. When it is to boiling point, shut off the burner, and add some frozen peas. scoop out the peas when they are cooked, and take off the shell. Smoosh the insides, and then feed them to your fish untill the bloating subsides.

johny87
07-25-2007, 01:08 PM
thanks for your advice!!!i`ll try this and i hopr it will have benefic results on my fish!have you tried it before?is the first time i hear about it.

dev
07-25-2007, 01:16 PM
thanks for your advice!!!i`ll try this and i hopr it will have benefic results on my fish!have you tried it before?is the first time i hear about it.

Well, having peas on the weekly menu is normally used as a preventive measure, but feeding only peas for a few days sounds like it would have the desired effect. Good suggestion Drumachine09.

Willyleigh
07-25-2007, 04:11 PM
It could be bloat.

Boil some water. When it is to boiling point, shut off the burner, and add some frozen peas. scoop out the peas when they are cooked, and take off the shell. Smoosh the insides, and then feed them to your fish untill the bloating subsides.

When i read this I half thought that the next step would be to drop the fish in!!

Drumachine09
07-25-2007, 04:14 PM
When i read this I half thought that the next step would be to drop the fish in!!

HAHAHAHAHA!

"drop the fish in and let it simmer. Add some olive oil, some onions, and any other desired spices.

Lmao.

Let us know how the trick works for you!

johny87
07-26-2007, 09:15 AM
hey!!!a few minutes ago i`ve just feed my angels with boiled peas,also my red tailed shark enjoys it very much and my plecos as well,i believe i will introduce the peas in their weekly menu,once or twice week i`ll feed them with peas.thanks for your help.i`ll keep you in touch with the results ;)

johny87
07-31-2007, 06:17 AM
hey!there are 4 days since i`ve start feed my angel with peas and still no result,anyway the fish is fine,it has no signs that it-s sick just that swollen belly,i`ll let him like this and see what is going to happen.

Lady Hobbs
07-31-2007, 10:54 AM
Glad this worked for you. It doesn't hurt to let your fish fast one day a week either.

iluvmyguppy
08-14-2007, 07:27 PM
hi i have a guppy that has a swollen belly and i dont know if it is bloat i hope its not cause i heard that there no cure

iluvmyguppy
08-14-2007, 07:55 PM
do you know what causes bloat?
and is it contagous do i need to feed all my guppies peas?

iluvmyguppy
08-14-2007, 09:21 PM
never mind my mommy guppy died now do i need to clean out my tank andwill all my fish die too

johny87
09-03-2007, 10:04 AM
it depeneds by the cause of swollen belly if your fishes will be affected by this disease,so if the bloat is cause by parasites ,when your guppy female died the parasites was spread in the aquarium and is very possible that ather fishes to suffer ,but if the bloat was caused by a cancer or some other infection in the fish`s body the other fishes will suffer only if they eat frokm the body of your guppy female,but in my opinion you sould clean up the aquarium and put some treatments in the water.and youn will save the rest of your fishes.good luck,my angel is ok now,was just a digestive problem and i solved it with some boiled peas.