PDA

View Full Version : cloudy water

smokeypea
05-08-2006, 07:20 PM
Hi, i have had my 20gallon tank for 2 weeks now, i was told to change 25%of the water which i did on saturday, i also put in water conditioner and Amquel plus to remove ammonia,i had the water tested last week and it was ok except for a small raise in ammonia, and was advised to put the Amquel in at water change, the water is still a bit cloudy, i did vacumn the mucky stuff off the borrom of the tank( I had been feeding them to much, now i know only to feed a small amount), do i have to use Amquel every day? when i go to the fish store tomorrow i am goin to get the water tested again. I just got a spotted puffa fish, he is ace, eats blood worms like spaggetti :lol: thanks for all help.

rollie
05-08-2006, 08:00 PM
not every day. maybe once a week till ammonia is gone

smokeypea
05-08-2006, 08:26 PM
ok thanks, do u have a Pictus catfish? i have 2 and they are so neat to watch, the larger one swimms up to the top of the tank, opens his mouth like a hoover and gulps down all the food, i do put the pellets in for them to eat, they soften when they are on the bottom, fingers crossed i dont think he has ick, just me panicing , but i got meds just in case and i also put in some aquarium salt, my local Petsmart is ace, they are very helpful too, again thanks for swift reply.

rollie
05-08-2006, 09:39 PM
no problem.