PDA

View Full Version : my pleco and his thermometer

areyouready
06-13-2011, 06:28 AM
ok so i have a common pleco around 5 inches can't really measure him since he moves when i come close. so we have him and he has made shelter under to plant leaves that he made. but every night he turn the thermometer towards him and i turn it back to where i can see it. but i decided one night to leave it where he put it and hope he turns it back well he left it and so i left it alone and still its in the same spot. so i turned it back and yet again he moved it. so does he hate it or just likes to look at the temperature?

i find it odd just wanting to know if its a problem

toddnbecka
06-13-2011, 08:43 AM
Floating thermometer or one that's weighted to stand on the bottom of the tank? Those blasted things are never facing the right way unless they're mounted in a suction cup holder, and it's not because I have any particular fish that messes with them. If it bugs you too much put one of the stick-on strip type thermometers on the outside of the glass. I have those on a couple of my tanks, but most are the floating type that wander all over the tank with the current. One of the minor aggravations of the hobby... :hmm3grin2orange:

areyouready
06-13-2011, 07:38 PM
yeah its one that is weighted down. i guess i will get one that attaches on the outside thanks for the advice :)

jessfish
06-15-2011, 11:44 PM
my thermometer floats & my pleco plays (sucks on it) with it every now & then - is it new to your tank? my pleco takes a while to accept new things or if i move stuff around he digs it all up for a few weeks until he realizes im not changing it back LOL!