PDA

View Full Version : My Bruce!

Drumachine09
07-23-2007, 03:42 AM
Took a video of my severum bruce, and youtubed it. Heres the link. Dont mind the reflection of the light on the camera, or the ghosting of my 10g in the reflection either.

Its bruce eating a ball of tubifex worms.

Let me know what you think:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN3Xc-Fv4c0

cocoa_pleco
07-23-2007, 04:39 AM
very cool! i got my severum back from my friend and transferred him into my 55g. hes really calm and minds his own business now

Rue
07-23-2007, 04:55 AM
I'm sadly going to have to skip your video...stupid dial-up! One day...maybe in this life-time...we'll get high-speed out in the boonies too!

Or maybe even sooner we'll switch to satellite...lol...

Cocoa? Why'd you get your severum back just before leaving?

Drumachine09
07-23-2007, 04:58 AM
Oh, sorry bout that. Heres a pic of him.

Rue
07-23-2007, 05:07 AM
Thanks for the still! He's very striking! Pretty boy!

Drumachine09
07-23-2007, 05:11 AM
Thanks for the still! He's very striking! Pretty boy!

Yup. I wish my camera had more than 4 megapixels, so i could get a good picture of the neon squiggles (some refer to them as worms) on his face. They are really beginning to come out. I did a lot of reading on severum breeding, and it said that when a female is added to the tank, his colors will become even more profound.

I think i am going to try to breed them and raise the fry. I read they spawn on round rocks, and i have a ton of big ones i could rinse off and put in his tank. They only problem is i dont want to get one that is way smaller than him, because i dont want him to kill another one.

Willyleigh
07-23-2007, 04:12 PM
A great video and a beautiful tank, hope Bruce enjoys himself in his wonderful home.

RobbieG
07-23-2007, 04:15 PM
Bruce is a star!

I actually kinda liked the 10 gallon floating around in the picture

Drumachine09
07-23-2007, 04:16 PM
A great video and a beautiful tank, hope Bruce enjoys himself in his wonderful home.

He sure loves to eat. He was chowing down on that chunk of tubifex after he ate a dozen hikari cichlid gold pellets in the mini size. I dont think im overfeeding him, i think he just has an apetite.

2manyfish
07-25-2007, 05:59 PM
Nice fish Drum!! :1luvu: Gorgeous tank too!! :19:
That would be nice to breed him, bet he'd get mean though!! :ezpi_wink1:
(I say that in a good way as I tend to like somewhat aggressive fish!!)

Drumachine09
07-25-2007, 06:05 PM
Thanks.

Like most fish, when they spawn, he will probobly get a bit more agressive. Which means i might get a little beat up when trying to remove the eggs, but thats ok. At 3-5 dollars a baby, ill take a couple bites on the arm.

I just wish i could find some detailed information on breeding them. The only thing i can find is that they will spawn on a horizontal surface (they will probobly pick my slate), and that a gradual rise in temperature to 84-85 will trigger the spawn.

I keep my tank around 80 degrees for their health and coloration, so i am slowly bringing it down to 78 so they will notice the change. I should be getting him a mate today. With any luck, it will be about his size.