PDA

View Full Version : save the Heros!

stubbytheplecostomus
07-23-2007, 01:49 AM
i was visiting a local pet store, the kind of place were you just feel bad for all the fish and animals. The dirty tanks all hold guppies and mollys and goldfish, other low end fish that you would buy for your little kid, or the kind of fish you are likely to find at walmart. Disgusted by the conditions of the fish and the fact they were selling small Oscars for 4 bucks (you just know someone is going to buy one and think its good for a ten gallon) I was ready to just grab what i need and leave when a pair of fish caught my eye. Under "assorted So. American Chiclids" i found a pair Heros Severums!!!! what is a "high end" high maintnence fish doing in a store like this!!!!! i immediately found the fish lady and told her i wanted those two severums, and she was grateful that someone who could actually take care of these fish was going to take them, she was so grateful she sold them to me for 6 dollars for the two of them. apparently these were transplanted fish from another store that had gone out of business. At least the lady taking care of the fish knew what these were, she told me she had just taken over the fish department and was anxious to overhaul it.

right now the two fish are being kept in a 20 High with some other south american chiclids until i finish my monster tank which should prove to be a good home for them!

Save the fish!!!! from stores like these...

RobbieG
07-23-2007, 01:50 AM
Nice fish!

Drumachine09
07-23-2007, 01:53 AM
Enjoy your severums. I have a green male, and i think i am going to go to the LFS tommorow to see if i can find a simmaler sized female to breed the two.

Rue
07-23-2007, 03:24 AM
You're now a Hero hero!

tropfish
07-23-2007, 12:37 PM
Nice looking fish :19: