PDA

View Full Version : EBJD white fungus?

wrightflyer2
05-29-2011, 07:59 PM
I've got a Dempsey that's suddenly showing a white like fungus - doesn't look like ich - and nothing else in the tank is sick as far as I can tell, they all have their appetite and aren't acting unusual....

any thoughts?
I appreciate the help! :)

(so I tried to get the photo link to work, but not luck...soooo this is the direct URL to the picture...)
The white is a bit hard to see, but it's almost like an upside down U on his head - forward of his fins and behind his eyes...

Lady Hobbs
05-29-2011, 09:00 PM
You can not put up links 2 blocks long without throwing all the margins off in the forum. LOLOL I removed the link because the pic was too small to see anything, anyway.

If it looks like fungus then it probably is. Fungus is white patchy areas that will began to look fuzzy like cotton patches. Clean water with lots of water changes will often make it clear up on it's own or get a Fungal medication.

Resize your photo and try again to install it under Manage Attachments BELOW the posting box.

wrightflyer2
06-27-2011, 06:44 PM
Thank you Lady Hobbs - I meant to thank you after you replied, but I figure better late than never!

We had just come back from a 2 week vacation - family took charge of care/feeding while we were gone! Once I got back into our regular routine of TLC, Blue aka EBJD improved within a few days.

As to the posting, I'm a little more versed on the post/link requirements now!
:)