PDA

View Full Version : how long?

rpmdj1
05-29-2011, 06:17 AM
Hey All
If I move a fish to the hospital tank how long can I keep it there,Im keeping in mind that the hospitsl tank is not cycled and no gravel just a filter a small heater appropiate to the size tank which in this case is a 10 gal
any and all advice is welcome
Thanks

OnlineFishTank
05-29-2011, 07:20 AM
I wouldn't leave them in there longer than a day, Ammonia levels will quickly rise, and could possibly kill your fish.

funkman262
05-29-2011, 01:04 PM
The type and size of the fish with greatly affect the answer to your question. It could be kept there indefinitely if you do daily water changes. You can also add in Kordon's AmQuel+ daily which will detoxify any toxic nitrogen compounds (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate) while conditioning/dechlorinating the tap water during your water changes.

rpmdj1
05-29-2011, 01:16 PM
thanks for the replies,the fish in question is a panda platy,he and the female are the latest additions.He is really stressed and alot smaller than the other fish also are all platies. his top fin and tail are scrunched and he hides so I put him in my floating breeder for now but am thinking about the hospital tank so he has more room. he has been in the breeder since yesterday im hoping he feels better today
thanks again

Lady Hobbs
05-29-2011, 03:15 PM
Agree with funkman. There's no reason to believe this fish would die in one day. Big difference between putting 20 fish in that tank than putting in one or two.

rpmdj1
05-29-2011, 08:27 PM
thanks again for the replies,so in your opinions how long should my little platy be in hospital before I see improvement? again I think hes just stressed
thanks