PDA

View Full Version : IE 9 issue?

toddnbecka
05-23-2011, 04:53 PM
Ever since Windows updated to IE 9 the "new posts" and "todays posts" forum searches no longer work. Neither does the "mark forums read" option. Any way to correct this?

sailor
05-23-2011, 05:38 PM
I couldn't find one either so switched to firefox for when I want to use this forum. This was the only site I had issues with.

funkman262
05-23-2011, 05:56 PM
I couldn't find one either so switched to firefox for when I want to use this forum. This was the only site I had issues with.

Same here lol except I just stopped using IE altogether.

Lady Hobbs
05-23-2011, 06:18 PM
Heard that poses a problem from an earlier post by sailor. I would simply delete 9 and return to 8.

dmagerl
05-23-2011, 09:39 PM
I installed IE9 and had the same problem. So I fell back to IE8 and I still had the problem. So whatever IE9 does, it breaks IE8 too.

So I deleted all cookies and IE8 started working again.

AHA!, I said. I reinstalled IE9, cleared out all the cookies and IE9 worked! Shut everything down, went to bed, turned it on the next morning and it was back to being broken.

I'm back to IE8 but I still had to clear the cookies to get it to work. It's a shame, IE9 had some nice things going for it.

Alasse
05-24-2011, 08:13 AM
I run 9...and i now also run Google Chrome.

I have both running at same time...i use GC for this forum and a few FB games, everything else i use IE9.

Lady Hobbs
05-24-2011, 01:51 PM
Reading up on IE9, it says all updates need to be done before installing 9. Like, you can't jump from IE7 to IE9 but would have to have installed 8 first.

I also think 9 is not useful in some computers depending on what you're running. I'm not sure if it's XP or Vista but one of them is not. But isn't that still a beta program? I've stayed away from that download simply because sailor had problems with it.

Could be nothing is wrong with 9 but there is simply a problem between 9 and vBulletin 3.5.4 not being compatible.

guppies55
05-27-2011, 05:45 PM
Reading up on IE9, it says all updates need to be done before installing 9. Like, you can't jump from IE7 to IE9 but would have to have installed 8 first.

I also think 9 is not useful in some computers depending on what you're running. I'm not sure if it's XP or Vista but one of them is not. But isn't that still a beta program? I've stayed away from that download simply because sailor had problems with it.

Could be nothing is wrong with 9 but there is simply a problem between 9 and vBulletin 3.5.4 not being compatible.

May have to do with xp and vista i'm running IE9 with Win 7 ultimate and everything works except a few FB games dont work just right

Cliff
05-27-2011, 06:29 PM
My wife just got a new laptop with windows 7 and IE9. I did notice any issues when I was using that PC

Looks like that dose have something to do with it

Kayfish
05-27-2011, 10:46 PM
I'm running windows 7 and IE9 and have not experienced any problems as of yet.

dmagerl
05-27-2011, 10:54 PM
I'm running windows 7 and IE9 and have not experienced any problems as of yet.

Thats interesting. I've installed it on a Vista machine and a Win7 machine. Both had problems.

You can google for "new posts vbulletin ie9" and get a whole slew of responses which point toward a vbulletin problem and a few say that vbulletin 4 fixes the problem.

Kayfish
05-27-2011, 11:05 PM
I installed IE9 on my wifes laptop thats running Vista and shes had a bunch of issues. Mines running fine as of yet.

Alasse
05-28-2011, 02:07 PM
My computer came with IE8 and i had all updates prior to upgrading to IE9. I use Win7...it has a few minor glitches. Seems its only this forum and some free type ones that aren't compatible with mine or as i said a few FB games.

toddnbecka
05-28-2011, 08:55 PM
I downloaded google chrome, and have been using it for this forum and aquabid for a few days now. Still can't upload pics to photobucket since the 32 bit browser option was taken away though.

Alasse
05-29-2011, 03:37 AM
What do you mean the 32bit browser was taken away?....my puter runs both, the 64bit and 32bit...i never open the 64bit....always using 32bit & chrome

toddnbecka
05-29-2011, 05:01 AM
After a windows update the 32 bit IE browser shortcuts on my desktop and the "all programs" list disappeared. For some reason, something to do with the adobe flash player that photobucket uses not being properly configured for a 64-bit browser, I haven't been able to open any files from my computer to upload since losing the 32-bit browser access. Guess I'll have to copy the pics to a flash drive and use my older comp with windows XP to upload them.

Alasse
05-29-2011, 05:20 AM
Yeah it does that, but the 32bit should be still on your puter.....i have it pinned to my taskbar once i found it.

Do an online search on running IE 32bit on a 64bit puter, thats what i did. I use Photobucket daily and needed to be able to access it

toddnbecka
05-29-2011, 07:05 AM
I tried downloading IE8 for Vista, but when I ran the install it said it wasn't supported on this operating system (windows 7.) Also tried changing the shortcut properties, but it still opens a 64-bit browser.

Alasse
05-29-2011, 08:07 AM
You dont need to download IE8, as you now have 9. I have both IE9 32 & 64 bit on my machine. I never use the 64bit as many things are as yet unsupported.

I found a link to download IE9 32 bit HERE (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/products/ie/home)

toddnbecka
05-29-2011, 09:07 AM
I'm really lost now, no longer have an ie shortcut since I tried to reconfigure it to run the 32 bit version. I found another one to use, but it's not the same one I had been using, may have to reinstall ie 9 completely to straighten it out. I keep getting a message at the bottom of the window that add-ons are currently disabled whenever I open a new window.
Tried downloading and installing ie 9, didn't work because it said there was a newer version already installed. I can't find it on the programs list to uninstall then reinstall, no clue what to do to fix it now.

MrJim
05-29-2011, 12:36 PM
Is IE still around? lol.

I use Chrome, FF & Safari and all work no problem here on mac & pc.

toddnbecka
05-30-2011, 07:27 AM
Naturally, now that I've installed chrome and firefox (still haven't been able to recover my original IE shortcut though) a new IE 9 update auto-installed and this forum and photobucket are now properly usable with IE again... :fish2:

Alasse
05-30-2011, 09:30 AM
*LOL* gotta love computers

JustAlex4tw
06-02-2011, 08:03 PM
I was having the same issue. I opened Internet Options > Security > Trusted Sites > Sites > and added "http://www.aquaticcommunity.com" to the list (may need to uncheck "Require server verifications (https:) for all sites in this zone") and the issue was resolved.