PDA

View Full Version : My betta loves the betta bulb plants

bettamom
05-22-2011, 05:24 AM
My 2 betta bulbs are sprouting, and while still quite skinny, and just a few inches tall, my little Bernie seems to love them, and is trying to lay down on the middle of the biggest one. It's so cute. I just had to mention it.

Oh there he goes again. I can't wait until they get bigger so he can really lay down on them.

tori.lock
05-22-2011, 04:51 PM
Not sure what a betta bulb plant is, but it sounds pretty cute. Pics!

:worthless:

Cecile1
05-22-2011, 04:59 PM
I just got some for my goldie, how long did it take for them to grow for you? Also have you fertilized them in anyway either- I thought I had read something about it, but not really sure about the aquatic plants.

bettamom
05-22-2011, 06:56 PM
I put them in the tank about 3 weeks ago, and they started showing sprouts around days 10-14. 2 out the four I bought sprouted. They appear to
be 2 different plants, which is nice.

Do Bettas eat plants? I swear I just saw mine bite the end of one of the young leaves off.

I've misplaced my camera, but when I find it I'll take some pictures and post them.

TheNight
07-07-2011, 03:13 AM
Any update?

genocidex
07-07-2011, 04:19 AM
betta bulbs are:
"Betta Bulbs are ones which when placed in aquarium become aquarium plants. Betta bulbs are usually cryptocorynes plants. These bulbs are avialable in any petco. Drop the bulb in your tank, some will float, some will sink. Within a couple days you'll notice roots and leaves sprouting off of it. They don't require a lot of light and will row well when you get ones that will grow. Sometimes they sprout sometimes not. They are nice little plants, don't require a lot of care, or a lot of substrate. They will latch on to whatever substrate you have, but it does need to have some substrate."

thats cut and pasted from:
http://www.total-care-guide.com/What_are_Betta_bulbs.html
for any one whos confuzed

Cyberra
07-07-2011, 04:42 AM
Sounds like a decent beginner plant for those of us who usually have a black thumb where plants are concerned...

genocidex
07-07-2011, 04:52 AM
hornwort is a great begginer plant to, i havent been able to kill mine lol

cajunqn81
01-09-2015, 01:31 AM
These sound good. Finally, an aquatic plant I might not be able to kill. May try these on one of my next setups...