PDA

View Full Version : subtropical-tropical species (70-75 degrees)

jonny5
05-10-2011, 05:00 AM
i know this is the colwater forum but i thought id share some fish that would work for subtropical (not temperate) tank and people can post of other fish that can work

celebes rainbows( most rainbowfish/silversides)
Stiphodon gobies and most freshwater gobies
butterfly loach and other hillstream loaches
weather loach
florida flagfish
rainbow shiners
many sunfish
golden wonder killifish
zebra danio
white cloud minnows

mermaidwannabe
05-10-2011, 11:29 AM
Rosy barbs can tolerate temps down to 65F.

Weather loaches fare best over the long term in water no warmer than 70F.

Glo-fish are brilliantly-colored (NOT dyed) zebra danios, and like their striped counterparts, do well in sub-tropical temps.

Paradise Fish and American Flag Fish also do well in cooler water. When I get my 65 set up, I'll be getting some of the latter. They're a form of killifish.

Certain invertebrates such as Ghost Shrimp, Red Cherry Shrimp, and dwarf crayfish, as well as some trapdoor pond snails are well suited for the coldwater to substropical tank.

-- mermaidwannabe

Liquid skills
07-17-2011, 01:46 PM
Rosy barbs can tolerate temps down to 65F.

Weather loaches fare best over the long term in water no warmer than 70F.

Glo-fish are brilliantly-colored (NOT dyed) zebra danios, and like their striped counterparts, do well in sub-tropical temps.

Paradise Fish and American Flag Fish also do well in cooler water. When I get my 65 set up, I'll be getting some of the latter. They're a form of killifish.

Certain invertebrates such as Ghost Shrimp, Red Cherry Shrimp, and dwarf crayfish, as well as some trapdoor pond snails are well suited for the coldwater to substropical tank.

-- mermaidwannabe

Hi guys i have in my coldwater tank my goldies a betta a feather fin two bristle noses and a otto and siamese algae

My tanks temp is norm in20'c-24'c and my trops get allong fine and happy :) there energetic and healthy :)