PDA

View Full Version : Finally, some new aquarium pics ...

mermaidwannabe
05-10-2011, 02:35 AM
Well, folks, I finally figured out how to resize pics with this different program I wound up with after my computer crashed.

Here are some with one of my dojos checking out a starfish, and a lush setting with my newer mermaid ornament BEFORE the paint started peeling off. Soft corals behind her in pink and white.

Enjoy ...

DylanisHawttt
05-10-2011, 02:39 AM
Pretty good looking Dojos you got there mermaide! :18:

mermaidwannabe
05-10-2011, 02:40 AM
And here is a close-up of some very colorful aquascaping ...

mermaidwannabe
05-10-2011, 02:42 AM
Ah, yes, Dylan -- they are fat, sassy and very spoiled! My favorites of all my fishies.

More pics later ...

-- mermaid

Kay3707
05-10-2011, 02:43 AM
Very prettythumbs2:

mermaidwannabe
05-10-2011, 03:02 AM
Thanks, Kay. There'll be some more as soon as I get them off the CD and reduced down.

-- mermaid

Cyberra
05-10-2011, 03:18 AM
So that's a dojo ^^ Nice looking fishies.

Peeling paint's a pain in the tookus... I had to swap out the castle in Firetail's tank because the paint started coming off in chunks.

mermaidwannabe
05-10-2011, 03:45 AM
And the concern about peeling paint is that one doesn't know if it could be toxic. We would expect any paint used on something made to go into an aquarium would be safe, and if it's made here in the U.S., it very likely is. But so much is made in China these days and imported, and we all have heard the stories about lead paint on toys from there, etc.

Glad you like my dojo! They are also called Weather Loaches or Weather Fish, because they go bonkers when the barometric pressure changes. People in the Orient use them as weather gauges.

My three are real characters.

-- mermaid

Cyberra
05-10-2011, 04:06 AM
I saw a tank marked "weather loach" at the lfs. There was only one fish in it.

mermaidwannabe
05-10-2011, 04:20 AM
Probably because they're strong sellers. Ideally, they should be kept with one or more of their own kind rather than alone. But if all of its tankmates were purchased, chances are that one will soon be going to a good home, as well, hopefully with somebody who knows something about dojos and will keep it happy and healthy.

-- mermaid

Cyberra
05-10-2011, 04:50 AM
I saw that lone dojo months ago. It vanished from the lfs not long after. This was when I got my first female betta

mermaidwannabe
05-10-2011, 11:38 AM
Well, let's hope he's enjoying the good life in a great environment well suited for him and being fed nice dojo treats as well as a nutritious staple diet. In moderation, of course.

Here's one of mine in a full tank shot ...

Mith
05-26-2011, 02:07 AM
Hey, I like that jellyfish! I've seen those in my LFS and have on numerous occasions, almost bought one! LOL.... very nice addition to the tank!

mermaidwannabe
05-27-2011, 01:52 AM
They're lots of fun, especially when grouping two or more of them of different sizes and colors througout the tank at various levels. They look so real! The tentacles sway in the current, just like with their real-life counterparts in the wild.

-- mermaid