PDA

View Full Version : fish dying! help!

lucasluke
05-09-2011, 05:40 PM
Hi. Recently my fish have started to die. I have about 5 fish in 15 gallon tank (i cant remember there specie name!) and yesterday one died and today one died. I notice ich on 2 off the fish so bought some medicine removed the carbon out off the filter and put it in as stated. All the fish were fine. Today I woke up to another fish dead?!?! Could it be a disease from the pet shop? Ive had them about 2 weeks. I do 25% water changes daily. What is going on?

Cliff
05-09-2011, 06:38 PM
Is this in the new tank you were planning to get a week or two ago or is this a different tank ?

Are your cycling with fish? What are your current water parameters at right now?

lucasluke
05-09-2011, 06:51 PM
Hi - this is the coldwater tank I already had. I have already cycled.
I recently replaced some of the filter media. Is it possible I could off replaced too much?

Nitrite - 0.25 mg/l
Nitrate - 10 mg/l
PH - 6.6

I cant do an ammonia test as I have ran out of the stuff.

Cliff
05-09-2011, 07:01 PM
I would guess that might have something to do with it. I have read that ich can be brought on by stress caused by problems with water quality. If you have some nitrites in your water I would guess you either resently or currently have ammoina as well.

Try a 50% water change today to get the nitrite level lowered. I would also get another ammoina test kit and test your water for that.

Do you best to handle this like a fish-in cycle for now and continue to treat for ich as best as you can while also completing your water changes.

lucasluke
05-09-2011, 07:05 PM
Ok ill do a water change and start treating for ich. What bugs me is that the fish are swimming around normally and then I look later and there just dead.

Cliff
05-09-2011, 07:08 PM
Keep us posted on the progress

lucasluke
05-11-2011, 02:56 PM
Hi. Another 2 died today! This leaves me with one. I have no idea why they died. I treated for white spot however it still hasnt cleared on the last one.

Aeonflame
05-11-2011, 03:48 PM
Knowing what kind of fish you have would help a lot