PDA

View Full Version : Life Changing Events

NorthernBoy
05-05-2006, 07:57 PM
Went to the doctor and found out that my cholesterol is high. I guess it's bad when your blood has the same triglyceride count as Crisco Shortening. I am looking for advice on how to start running? I have been a firm believer that that running was only used to evade cops and only in short bursts. Oh and it's real hard while smoking to run 5k. Getting discouraged and need some help.

DemonShark
05-05-2006, 10:15 PM
I suggest quit smoking which will help your cholestrol and also eat side dishes and salads no meat unless its for a holiday

William
05-06-2006, 02:52 AM
No need to give up meat just because one needs to live healthier. Meat, fish and chicken is a must, at least for me ;-)

I would almost suggest that you keep your view on running and find another way of exercising. There are a lot of hobbies to pick up that gives great exercise without feeling like it such as rock climbing and kayaking. I am also a big fan of long walks, usually more pleasant than running and gives good effects lowering cholesterol levels.

NorthernBoy
05-06-2006, 04:35 AM
Long walks huh, on the beach maybe. William you sound kinda like a dating ad.

EX-

Hi. My name is William and I am a tall, dark, romantic, adventure-some European type who lives in Mexico. My interests are traveling, long walks in the beach, candle lit dinners and snuggling by a fire. Lets be friends first and see where it goes.

LOL William

William
05-06-2006, 05:31 AM
lOl.
Actually most of that is not to far of. except that I'm blond and ad prefer to walk on the scottish highland rather than a beach. (which is nice to).

Guess Im just every girls dream ;-)
or was it nightmare???

But I'm stick to my advice. Try to find a hobby that doesn't feel like exercise.

NorthernBoy
05-06-2006, 05:48 AM
I have lots of good hobbies that involve exercise. I need a "daily" type of exercise and i highly dought that i am going kyacking or climbing daily. That is why I am considering running or biking. ty though.

William
05-06-2006, 06:37 AM
Ok Than. I think I would have easier to motivate myself to biking (get to se more, travel further) But thats just me.

NorthernBoy
05-06-2006, 06:53 AM
yea I am leaning that way too. Although a run is alot less money right now than buying a bike. Especially with my greedy eyes. hopefully someone here is a runner and can give my some tips to enjoy it more. ty William you sexy tall euro type.

William
05-06-2006, 07:17 AM
well NorthernBoy, are you coming on to me?

LOL

DemonShark
05-06-2006, 12:47 PM
Er this is gettting creepy

rollie
05-06-2006, 12:52 PM
I SAY IT IS.

NorthernBoy
05-06-2006, 07:38 PM
That would sure surprise my wife and newborn wouldn't it.

William
05-06-2006, 08:54 PM
Well one never know. Could just be a closet ;-)

But somehow I doubt it.

And Nah. This topic isn't getting weird. It's just relaxed with a bit of joking around in it.

DemonShark
05-06-2006, 09:08 PM
if you say so

William
05-06-2006, 09:36 PM
I do. Nut perhaps a more European style of joking around. I don't know.

Lindsay_D
05-18-2006, 12:54 PM
I have the same problem with running. i can only do it, in short bursts which is kind of bad since i'm 16 and extreamly healthy...but health is something that can change your life...even if the health factor isn't about you....My mom died from bad heath (because of alcohol) and now i work around that and try not to get invovled with people who drink....

Which i should do anyways...

NorthernBoy
05-19-2006, 02:09 AM
Lindsey thats a good idea at your age although as you grow older you are going to be in a lot of situations where you will need to be able to handle yourself in a positive way even when people around you are doing negetive things. I am not saying change(because you are doing the right thing at 16 by distanceing yourself) but be sure you dont shelter yourself too much. Sorry dont mean to sound like a High school guidence counciler.

Madc0ws
05-19-2006, 10:20 AM
Is it not against the code of ethics for an aquariumist to eat fish?

I bike from time to time whenever I can and I think it's better than running but it's all good.

Never rely on just one doctors diagnosis, most of them are nothing more than educated salesmen these days.

I find it ironic how a many of these "health buffs" which excercise everyday and take vitamins and have an unusual diet are dropping like flies while the unfit ones who don't really care are outliving them. Natural selection at work? Hmmmm

Lindsay_D
05-19-2006, 02:13 PM
Lindsey thats a good idea at your age although as you grow older you are going to be in a lot of situations where you will need to be able to handle yourself in a positive way even when people around you are doing negetive things. I am not saying change(because you are doing the right thing at 16 by distanceing yourself) but be sure you dont shelter yourself too much. Sorry dont mean to sound like a High school guidence counciler.

its no problem to me...i like hearing other peoples suggestions...besides...my name is LindsAy

NorthernBoy
05-19-2006, 04:35 PM
sorr-AY