PDA

View Full Version : Discus Not Eating

salman
07-19-2007, 10:21 PM
I added more discus to my fish tank 2 days ago, and none of the new ones are eating! :( I tried feeding them some pellets, flakes, etc. But they wont eat anything i give them. They look perfectly healthy. Does it take them a few days until they eat something?
I know that i should ask what they are feeding them before i buy them, but they arrived there the same day i picked them up, so i dont think they fed them anything.

Fishguy2727
07-19-2007, 10:24 PM
That is one reason why I would not buy discus unless they have been in the store for a while and I know they are doing well. They do take a few days to settle in sometimes. Are the original ones picking on the new ones at all?

salman
07-19-2007, 10:34 PM
Nope nothing, they are best friends! lol.. i have monitored them for a while, and no pecking or biting, even the old ones arnt biting each other anymore.

Lady Hobbs
07-19-2007, 11:06 PM
Just getting used to their new home probably. They will come around.

salman
07-19-2007, 11:07 PM
I hope so.. i hate having anarexic fish ;p

salman
07-21-2007, 05:57 AM
Yesterday i went out to my LFS to buy some plants, and i asked them if they had worms, they said yes, they had frozen blood worms, so i got some.. I fed them today, and they all ate. I just have to get them used to NLS now.

RobbieG
07-21-2007, 04:55 PM
I've had good luck mixing a kind of food a fish will eat with a kind they won't to get them to start eating it. Sometimes they just need to learn it is food.

They may get the idea just from watching the others eat it too.

Cal Discus
07-21-2007, 05:50 PM
Yesterday i went out to my LFS to buy some plants, and i asked them if they had worms, they said yes, they had frozen blood worms, so i got some.. I fed them today, and they all ate. I just have to get them used to NLS now.

Discus love FBW's, good move.

Cal Discus
07-21-2007, 05:50 PM
I've had good luck mixing a kind of food a fish will eat with a kind they won't to get them to start eating it. Sometimes they just need to learn it is food.

They may get the idea just from watching the others eat it too.

Yep and yep.