PDA

View Full Version : New pics of Demon and Baby

kimmers318
05-05-2006, 04:21 PM
Some of you may remember that my first German Blue Ram, Demon had a strange white thing hanging out from behind his gill....that is gone, never noticed any signs of illness and here is an updated shot of him
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h216/kimmers318/demon.jpg
I personally think he is gorgeous, although he lives up to his name. Please correct me if I am wrong on sex on either of these.
This is Baby...she was purchased as a mate for Demon, but he beat the crap out of her. She is better now, and getting bigger so I may retry her with him now that he has adjusted to other tankmates and she is almost the same size. She actually has a very long front dorsal fin which I wasn't able to capture very well, but with the pink belly and blue spangling in the black dot I am fairly sure she is female.
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h216/kimmers318/baby2.jpg
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h216/kimmers318/baby.jpg

NorthernBoy
05-05-2006, 05:12 PM
Beautiful Fish! Hope they breed for you. Good Luck!

rollie
05-05-2006, 06:53 PM
you got a pair!!!

kimmers318
05-05-2006, 07:22 PM
Now if I can just get Demon to accept her!! IMO they are both beautiful, and although I don't care if they breed or not, have no plans on trying anything extra to help them along with it, I would love to see them together happily enjoying life! It is cool to watch same species interact with each other.
If anyone has any idea on how to get him to accept her I would appreciate it. When I first got her I rearranged the entire tank and he still beat her up, but she was alot smaller than him at the time. I am thinking this time that I will put HIM in Q tank, let HER get comfy in new home, and then add him after rearranging yet again! He has adjusted to having kuhlis and glolites with him, so he may be better this time.

rollie
05-05-2006, 07:43 PM
hope it work, it just might.

William
05-06-2006, 02:42 AM
Wonderful rams.
Rams are easier to breed if you keep several females with one male allthough one female is enough.

NorthernBoy
05-06-2006, 04:25 AM
Try getting some good caves made by stacking rocks so she can escape and or hide. The tube might work well in the do it yourself section in the forum.

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/ftopict-688.html

tieu
05-06-2006, 04:43 AM
those fish soooooooooooooo look nice i want a pair too :cry:

kimmers318
05-06-2006, 02:49 PM
I have 3 caves that suction cup to the side of the tank, 1 at back, 1 on each side. A stone structure in the center that has fake plants on it, plus 5 more fake plants, a couple of clay pots and a piece of bogwood that is quite "cavelike". If I see anything else that may help when we are browsing I may get it, but decor is sooooo expensive!

William
05-06-2006, 08:45 PM
Rams don't breed in caves but on flat objects such as rocks and bogwood. I used small black sea polished stones to breed Rams when I did it.

I think they'll find somewhere to breed if they want to but you might still consider adding some flat surfaces if you lack them now.

I would move both to a small aquarium, 5 gallon is more than enough, to breed them after a conditioning period.

kimmers318
05-06-2006, 08:54 PM
Like I said...don't care if they breed or not...but I would like to see this beautiful pair living life TOGETHER instead of in different tanks. Since Demon beat Baby up, they are separated, but looking into the future of trying them again together and see how it goes. As for flat surfaces, the top of the stone structure is flat on either side if they really wanted to use it, and of course the bottom is also. It is cavelike in the center with plants around it.

Full3R
05-07-2006, 04:38 AM
i think that if you vary baby's diet she might get a strong will and be able to defend herself against demon, it worked with my gouramis

kimmers318
05-07-2006, 02:30 PM
That is what we are working on now. She has become a lively pest who loves it when I am doing anything with the tank. She actually got sucked into the gravel vac the one time which although I freaked at that moment, laughed my ass off afterwards! I now know I have to be very careful when I am doing anything in that tank cuz she won't leave me alone! As soon as I step near the tank she is the first one over which is also why I have a hard time getting pics of her, she won't stay still at all, constantly running around and coming back to me. Demon on the other hand comes over and watches me patiently which allows me to snap a couple of great shots from time to time. He especially loves to stare at my finger on the glass.