PDA

View Full Version : htc thunderbolt?

smaug
04-19-2011, 03:28 PM
Do any of our fine members have one of these or know if they are quality?

Trillianne
04-19-2011, 03:48 PM
The word I have heard from my geek hubby is that their battery life is pretty bad, otherwise they seem to be a good option. We don't have one.. that's just his IT grapevine rumblings.

190MPH
04-20-2011, 02:59 AM
Needing a new phone(and due for an upgrade)I had considered it for a while, as it looked to be a real player in the smart phone world, and may still be. I was forever googling articles and updates on release dates and such. It was delayed countless times, and one was rumored to be due to horrible battery life. Then they dropped Skype. I finally opted for the Verizon Iphone, and love it, but I have still kept up on some T'Bolt rumblings. As rumored, the battery life is bad, with some reports saying that they only got 3-4 hrs before needing a charge. Apparently, the 4g network eats up battery life, and this phone automatically connects to it when available, without any way to bypass or turn it off(use 3g). I believe they were offering a larger battery, but at an additional $50 cost to you, and it made the phone much bulkier.

ZoSoSwiM
04-20-2011, 12:13 PM
I was reading and watching reviews on it yesterday oddly enough.. Everyone says it's a pretty good phone but the battery dies quickly. I don't have 4g in my area yet so it might be a viable option for me. My Blackberry Tour still works well and I can get a new phone any time. Might wait to see what the next iPhone looks like and has for features.

genocidex
04-20-2011, 01:01 PM
the t bolt is a great phone, just like all androids the battery stinks but thats no surprise. get the extended battery and that solves everything lol

smaug
04-20-2011, 04:04 PM
Thank you all for the advice.