PDA

View Full Version : Maybe a beta?

YaYgoldFish
07-17-2007, 01:49 PM
I was wondering if anyone thought i could add a beta to my 25g(see in signature) i was thinking hed look great beign the only fish with color. But im not sure if a beta would attack my shrimp..

Rue
07-17-2007, 02:13 PM
The shrimp will be fine...

...I'm a bit confused though...you can't add him to a tank with tinfoil barbs...or some of the others...they'll eat him!

salman
07-17-2007, 05:52 PM
you can try. I'm pretty sure nothing will happen to it, but monitor it for like 15 minutes after you put it in, and if something happens you can take it back or put it in a bowl. Betta's dont need any special care

Rue
07-17-2007, 05:59 PM
...I'm not sure what you're basing that recommendation on...

Tinfoil barbs grow 10-14" in the aquarium...and although they're mostly herbivores...they definately will eat small fish...bettas are slow moving and easy targets...

YaYgoldFish
07-17-2007, 09:06 PM
i buy goldfish a bit smaller than bettas and only my cuddas eat them. My cudas only eat goldfish and freeze dried bloodworms and sometimes flakes from the barbs. I got the barbs when they were half the size of the goldfish and my cudas didnt touch em. I even had a small one inch dwarf gourami in with them. Ive actually found that my cudas are VERY peaceful fish, its like they know what their suppose to eat! I mean, ive fed goldfish varyign from .5-3 inches long and they ate em all.

Plus im going to buy a huge 4g bowl from my lfs for 25 bucks or so and cycle it, then buy the betta and if it doesn't fit it with my other guys in the 25g, i can always move him into the bowl.