PDA

View Full Version : Water Sprite

Abbeys_Mom
04-08-2011, 09:26 PM
I am not sure what category it fall under...

I just picked up some water sprite last night. I got a big bunch for $5 and have split it up between all my tanks (will see which tank does best). Some tanks have natural light, one has LED and my 27g has 2 fluorescent grow bulbs. I planted some and left some floating. In the small tank on my desk (with natural light) it has started sending a branch out of the water. I was amazed that it had grown at all in the 16 hours that I have had it.

Cascade
04-08-2011, 09:31 PM
Great! I love my water sprite and I, too, am amazed at how quickly it grows in my tank. Mine is continually forming little plantlets, which I pick off (they separate VERY easily) and replant. I think it won't be too long before I run out of room...

What I like best about water sprite is the bright green color - it's a nice contrast to the darker green of my anubias and the reds of my ludwigia and rotala.

toddnbecka
04-08-2011, 10:48 PM
I picked up a bunch last month, it's been floating in my 40 tall. I tried planting it but the cichlids and BN had it uprooted by the next day.

mermaidwannabe
04-09-2011, 02:42 AM
I have it as a floating plant in my tank. It's one of those that doesn't require very high light to do well.

-- mermaidwannabe

DrNic
04-09-2011, 03:12 AM
Watersprite it one of my favorite plants. It grows like weeks and looks great.
Although most people will float it I always rooted mine in the gravel as a background plant and it works great.

Did you get the broadleaf or narrowleaf type?

Abbeys_Mom
04-09-2011, 03:13 AM
My guess would be narrow leaf.