PDA

View Full Version : Torch Coral Gets Some Love

Rollins4Miles
04-03-2011, 01:58 AM
I added a new torch coral almost a week ago and it looks like it made a new friend. My smallest clown, almost 1.5 inches, has a tendency to try and bond with everything in the tank. So far it's tried my large frogspawn, two octospawns, star polyps, xenia, and my cup coral which I believe met its demise from too much "loving" from the clown fish. Now it's moved on to my brand new green torch. I'm afraid that the clown fish is going to smother the torch to death. The clown is treating it just like an anemone, rubbing into the torch and sucking on the tentacles. I've seen videos of clowns bonded with torches, but I'm not sure if I'm willing to take the chance. Anyone have any experience with this? I want to keep both but if push comes to shove I'm going to keep the torch.

I'll try and post some pictures for a size comparison. I'm having trouble sizing the current photos down without cutting out the majority of the picture.

Rue
04-03-2011, 04:06 AM
I have no idea...but it would likely be okay I'd think...

As far as pictures go...I've been using Paint...I resize to 50% and then to 50% again...and it seems to come out a decent size (also file size). Give that a try...it doesn't crop anything.

But you can crop.

Goes to 11!
04-03-2011, 04:12 AM
I'm having trouble sizing the current photos down without cutting out the majority of the picture.
This (http://www.irfanview.com/) is free & it works well to resize/tweak pics. thumbs2:

Rollins4Miles
04-03-2011, 07:00 AM
Let's see if this resizing trick worked...

The first two pics are daylight pics and the third is actinics. I hope they come out okay.

Cyberra
04-03-2011, 07:26 AM
*bites tongue to avoid making the inevitable Nemo comment*

^_^ That is a very pretty fish, though. And the coral looks good. Hope it survives being loved on by the clown

labnjab
04-03-2011, 03:50 PM
Don't let it host the coral if you want to keep the coral. It will eventually kill it. I know several people who have lost nice lps due to clowns hosting then. The only things suited for clowns hosting are anemones and softies. Our O-clowns in our display are hosting several bubble tip anemones and our one in our 10 gallon is hosting a long polyp toadstool leather