PDA

View Full Version : Eco Complete in shrimp tank

Demjor19
03-31-2011, 07:11 PM
Hey guys. I just re-worked my planted shrimp tank and decided to use Eco Complete for the substrate. Have you guys had good or bad experiences with this stuff? Reviews I have read make it sound great! Thoughts?

Thanks!

korith
03-31-2011, 07:49 PM
I have ecocomplete in planted tanks that have shrimp in them. It's a nice substrate, good for plants and has a decent look to it.

ILuvMyGoldBarb
03-31-2011, 10:06 PM
I have always liked Eco-complete as a planted tank substrate. I love the look of it.

Demjor19
03-31-2011, 11:37 PM
Thanks guys. I think my actual question would be more geared towards breeding shrimp on this substrate. Have any of you had success with breeding Cherry Shrimp on this substrate?

korith
04-01-2011, 03:48 AM
Thanks guys. I think my actual question would be more geared towards breeding shrimp on this substrate. Have any of you had success with breeding Cherry Shrimp on this substrate?

My 20g long has a few microrasboras in it, and probably 200+ red cherry shrimp, so I would say they are doing real well in the substrate. The 40g breeder planted tank has shrimp in it as well. Ecocomplete is safe for them. Honestly you could breed red cherry shrimp in a bare tank with nothing in it.

Demjor19
04-01-2011, 12:30 PM
My 20g long has a few microrasboras in it, and probably 200+ red cherry shrimp, so I would say they are doing real well in the substrate. The 40g breeder planted tank has shrimp in it as well. Ecocomplete is safe for them. Honestly you could breed red cherry shrimp in a bare tank with nothing in it.

Cool thanks! That's what I was looking for! I have always had great luck with my Cherry Shrimp, but I am failing big time with my Crystal Red Shrimp project. I'm hoping the tank makover will help get things in better shape for the CRS.

rich311k
04-01-2011, 12:36 PM
I have eco and I have no troubles with it at all.

Lady Hobbs
04-01-2011, 04:04 PM
It should be perfect for plants and your shrimp! I wish my substrate was black in my shrimp tank so they would better color up.

Demjor19
04-01-2011, 05:08 PM
I have noticed their reds are much deeper than before! So far I am loving it!