PDA

View Full Version : Here's another homemade fish food recipe.

Lady Hobbs
07-14-2007, 07:04 PM
http://www.aquariumlife.net/projects/diy-fish-food/112.asp

Incredulous_Ed
07-14-2007, 10:07 PM
Nice find carol!

Algenco
07-17-2007, 02:23 AM
Nice, I copied that recipe and saved it. I'm going to wait until next spring when the Striped Bass are loaded with eggs and incorporate them into the recipe.

salman
07-17-2007, 02:31 AM
I don't get why people use homemade food for their fish. When the food you buy for them contains everything you need and its really cheap and you dont have to waste your time making the food for them on a daily basis.

Lady Hobbs
07-17-2007, 04:50 AM
Would you not want homemade food yourself now and then rather than something from a box?

Algenco
07-17-2007, 04:39 PM
I don't get why people use homemade food for their fish. When the food you buy for them contains everything you need and its really cheap and you dont have to waste your time making the food for them on a daily basis.

First, I prefer doing thing for myself whenever possible.
Do you know the quality of the ingredients your fish food?
No, it doesn't need to be made daily, store it in the freezer.

In my case, I'm a fishing guide that specializes in Striped Bass. "Stripers" as we call them get huge, the world record is 78.5# In the spring the females are loaded with eggs, 4-10# which would be very nutritious. I've always looked for ways to use the waste parts from these fish ( at one time I had over 30 cats living in the barn)

Using those eggs I can make a highly nutritious food for my fish at minimal cost.

salman
07-17-2007, 05:59 PM
Would you not want homemade food yourself now and then rather than something from a box?

Good point, but these are fish, they wouldnt know if they were eating crap, as long as they are eating, well some of the fish anyway.