PDA

View Full Version : rubber nose pleco wont come out from behind the bubbles?

genocidex
03-24-2011, 02:35 PM
so one of my plecos had just died 3 days after i got it, they replaced it with a rubber nose pleco. now its behaving in such a way that the other pleco was behaving. its hanging on the wall of my tank right behind my bubble wand and hasnt moved from the wall. im concerned and dont want to loose another one, if i can help it.

Cliff
03-24-2011, 02:47 PM
Is this the same tank with the PH changes and high nitrates that you were posting about earlier ?

Some plecos are very sensative to changes in the water quality.

If the water parameters are not yet stable, that could be the reason for your pleco's behaviour. I would continue your efforst to get and keep your water parameters in line and then see how that effects your plecos behaviour first.

Keep a close eye on him and keep us posted

genocidex
03-24-2011, 03:12 PM
the only unstable bit at this point is the ph i got the nitrates under control, nitrites perfect 0 ammonia has risen a bit today (just tested everything before i hit post lol) and the nitrates havent seemed to move much. so im guessing its just the ph at this point thats unstable.

Cliff
03-24-2011, 03:29 PM
Good to hear things are getting better

My guess would be the PH changes could be effecting him

You'll know for sure once that is stable for a few days

genocidex
03-25-2011, 12:12 AM
ok so he moved from the bubbles to under a plant, but my barbs were picking on him ALOT so i tried to heard him to the driftwood in the back, thinking he had no idea it was there, then he went back to the plant, just worrying about the barbs being jerks at this point

aquaticbubba
03-25-2011, 08:14 PM
could be levels in tank are off or maybe a lack of alge??

Goes to 11!
03-25-2011, 09:21 PM
Try rescaping a bit just to distract the barbs, They will spend a bit of time exploring the new arrangement.

It may work for a short while until you get more barbs.