PDA

View Full Version : Bristlenose - Finally!!

Alasse
03-23-2011, 03:48 AM
OMG OMG soooo excited *LOL*

I was cleaning my apple snails tank, anyway over it is my Pep tank, so i was just watching em and decided i wanted one of the bits of wood from in there to put in my apple tank, so i grab it and chuck it in. Anyway i go back to watching the Peps and what do i spot, bubba peps!! Lots and lots of bubba peps!!

Finally!! The male i've had for 2yrs waiting for the 2.5cm peps i bought to grow up *L*....2yrs of growing out the 4 peps has finally come to results.

I'm soooooooooo excited...my eldest son came running when i let out the *squeeeeeeeee* and just shook his head at me when he realised what i was excited about :D:D

toddnbecka
03-23-2011, 07:55 AM
Congrats, it's always exciting to get something to spawn, particularly when you've waited so long. I have 6 L-333's I've been growing out for well over a year now, still waiting for them to get busy. The L-134's are coming along too. I haven't had them as long, but they are faster-growing than the Hypancistrus species.
The wee peps should be easy enough to raise, and now that they've spawned once they'll likely keep going for some time.

Cyberra
03-23-2011, 10:52 PM
Sorry for this quick hijack, but what do L-333 and L-134 and all those other numbers mean? I've been seeing them in reference to plecos, but I have absolutely no idea what they mean

SunSchein89
03-23-2011, 11:03 PM
Just different species of pleco. There's so many out there, not all have been named :ssmile:

toddnbecka
03-24-2011, 04:00 AM
The L-number system is widely used for identification, better than common names, but not all of the species listed have been scientifically classified. Here's a helpful link: http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/numbers.php?mode=l&thumbs=16