PDA

View Full Version : Airborn boesemani!

Lady Hobbs
03-21-2011, 01:23 PM
I decided last night to sell (or give to my son) my 4 M/1F boesemani pair. I transferred the males into another tank and left the female where she was until I could get some Kordon breather bags in case I had to ship them.
I wake up this morning and at the foot of my bed I noticed a spot on the floor and here lays the dried up female. 10 ft from her tank so guess she was doing some flopping around.

I have had bows jump from pails and jump from nets but never had one sail out of the tank. I figured she either killed herself knowing she might be going to my sons house or was tearing around 50 miles an hour knowing the males were gone and she didn't have to hide. I guess she got over zealous in her celebrating.
:ssuprised:
But how weird is it that the very night I move out the males that she decides to take a dive after 3 years of being happy in the tank?

My 55 gallon is going to be all little fishies. My glowlights, neons, otto's, cherry barbs and rasbora's. I will also be moving out the turquoise bows so I can throw my shrimp in that tank, too.

Abbeys_Mom
03-21-2011, 01:27 PM
Sorry to hear about your fish, but love the title :)

rich311k
03-21-2011, 02:01 PM
I guess she did one lap too many. Sorry for the loss.

WhiteDevil
03-21-2011, 02:10 PM
I find SAE's like that all the time, LH.

I tend to put myself in the fish's fins and try and understand why said fish thought it could live out of water.

Ive covered the tanks completely now but it makes you scratch your head in the morning with a what the heck look on the face lol.

Maybe this fish thought phooey of evolution?

Trillianne
03-21-2011, 04:20 PM
Now see... I had just a moment of Romeo and Juliet.... here she is trying desperately to get to her Romeo.... alas it was for naught.

Figures Romeo is out at the bar with his buddies and doesn't even notice his cue to jump from his tank and make his way to her.

Lady Hobbs
03-21-2011, 04:22 PM
I think with 4 romeo's constantly bugging her, she was celebrating by doing too many laps around the tank and jumping up and down with glee to be away from them for a while.

Rue
03-21-2011, 07:03 PM
Sorry about your fish. :(

I wonder though, if they prefer to go out with a bang...that was quite the adventure on her part...

Lady Hobbs
03-22-2011, 08:40 PM
Males are all now swimming happily in my sons tank. Well......maybe not so happy but they're there. I only had to add 9 gallons of water to his tank when I got there this time. :(

Rue
03-22-2011, 08:41 PM
...maybe you need to connect him to an electric buzzer...

*BZZT* Water change!

Sandz
03-22-2011, 09:21 PM
Wow! they sure can fly... I just put in a 2m/2f group of Yellows in my 55gal. They touch the top all the time with the ferocity to get out but never come up higher than a nose. Sorry for the loss!

Ill take in any bows you want to rehome any day LH ;)