PDA

View Full Version : Background piece.

YaYgoldFish
07-14-2007, 03:56 AM
Well i was looking at my tank, and since uve taken out the Aqua Clear filter and replaces it with a fluval 105, it seems that my background is plain.. I was wondering maybe a few lastic plants, maybe live ones. Or a wall built of piled rocks ( like the one holding my driftwood..Anyone here got a few nice ideas they

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=508bbyw

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=548veh2

Lady Hobbs
07-14-2007, 03:58 AM
I would not dispense with the AC until the canister has had time to get a bioload going.

Incredulous_Ed
07-14-2007, 04:09 AM
I built a wall of lava rock as my background. It looks great! But it seems to be suited to a cichlid tank rather than one with plants and driftwood. For you rtank I would put some background plans such as anacharis, vallinersia, and cabomba.

YaYgoldFish
07-14-2007, 04:27 AM
I built a wall of lava rock as my background. It looks great! But it seems to be suited to a cichlid tank rather than one with plants and driftwood. For you rtank I would put some background plans such as anacharis, vallinersia, and cabomba.

Thanks! Yeah im looking for a deserty-beach thing with few plants. I like the idea of a few tall plants behind the driftwood tho, thanks!

Incredulous_Ed
07-14-2007, 04:35 AM
here's an idea of what the lava rock would look like.

Drumachine09
07-14-2007, 04:38 AM
here's an idea of what the lava rock would look like.

Lookin good, is that from my lava rock background DIY?

Also, is your hood big enough for a compact flourecent? Becasue you can get it in a whiter spectrum.

gm72
07-14-2007, 02:02 PM
Incredulous, don't admit it if you took Drum's DIY idea, he might want a royalty fee! Then when you don't pay up he'll come at you kicking! KIDDING! :ezpi_wink1:

The rocks look great, and Drum's DIY project is also great.

Dev has a really cool background piece on one of his tanks. Can't remember where he posted the pic, but maybe he'll repost in this thread so you can see that one.

SkarloeysMom
07-14-2007, 04:18 PM
I vote for adding plants, plants, plants...fake, real whatever you're up for. It made a huge difference in my 10g when I doubled the amount of plants and the fish LOVED it.

Incredulous_Ed
07-14-2007, 09:38 PM
Incredulous, don't admit it if you took Drum's DIY idea, he might want a royalty fee! Then when you don't pay up he'll come at you kicking! KIDDING! :ezpi_wink1:

The rocks look great, and Drum's DIY project is also great.

Nah, I just stacked the rocks up. I'll have to do it again but with silicone this time.