PDA

View Full Version : Driftwood Bubbler

Strider199
03-18-2011, 01:37 AM
I have a nice piece of mylasian driftwood in my 55 gallon and the other day I put my air stone (6 inches with a Whisper pump) behind the driftwood. To hold down the air stone quickly, I was in a hurry, I put the driftwood over some of the airstone. I didn't notice it right away but today when I was looking at my aquarium the air bubbles were coming up through the driftwood in various places. I looks really neat! Some larger bubbles and alot of small bubbles all coming out of the driftwood in different places. Anyone here try this?

tkdracer
03-18-2011, 01:45 AM
I tried it for a couple days but it seemed to bother the pleco, it's on there about 90% of the time. But yeah, it does look pretty cool. I was playing with my camera and took a long exposure pic of it, came out pretty good except for the streak of angelfish, lol. I just added an undergravel bubbler instead.

Strider199
03-18-2011, 01:56 AM
LOL. I dont have any algee in the tank so I dont have a pleco. The small pygmy and panda cories seem to love the effect, at least for the time being. I'll have to play with some camera shots and see how they turn out. Thanks for the idea tkdracer.