PDA

View Full Version : White spot on each eye?

nmb7895
03-17-2011, 10:48 PM
I noticed today, my female betta had one small shite spot on each eye. Like, smack right in the middle of her eye. She eats fine and is acting normal, she just has tw white spots on her eyes. They aren't raised or anything, it's like someone took a white marker and painted her eye.

The water parameters seem fine
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 25
Temp: 78

I also had a ghost shrimp die this morning, could that have had anything to do with it?

How should I treat it? Will adding aquarium salt and doing some water changes be alright?

KatzeSlaugen
03-18-2011, 02:00 AM
could be from feeding food that is too fatty. idk if fish are the same as amphibians, but if you feed amphibians fatty things that arent considered a "staple" food too much it causes cataracts. from your description thats all i can think of.

if you can get a picture it would help out with diagnosis

nmb7895
03-18-2011, 12:11 PM
I feed her bloodworms, peas and tetra flakes. She also eats pieces of algae wafer and catfish pellets, but those aren't specifically fed to her.
However, I can fast them for a few days if need be. It's easy enough to give my oto a zuccini, which nobody but him and the snail touches. Everyone else can go a day or two without food.

I don't think I have a high enough quality camera to get a good shot.

nmb7895
03-19-2011, 01:11 PM
She's perfectly alert and active. She's also eating and being exactly the same as she always is.

How do I treat these eye spots? Should I put some salt in the aquarium and raise the temp, like with Ich. I don't think it's Ich, though.

KatzeSlaugen
03-19-2011, 01:23 PM
without knowing what it is i personally wouldnt treat for anything. if shes alert and eating ide just keep an eye on here and search google to try and diagnose it

nmb7895
03-22-2011, 06:17 PM
Well, they're gone

Whatever it was, it passed with no real issues.

KatzeSlaugen
03-23-2011, 01:42 AM
glad to hear! might have just been a temporary irritation to something but im glad its cleared up