PDA

View Full Version : anyone know much about Fundulopanchax mamfensis ossing?

xenador
03-17-2011, 02:09 AM
so I am debating trying to raise some killi fish and I was looking for something that would be a brilliant coloration, in my searches I have found that one of the more colorful is the Fundulopanchax mamfensis ossing variety, but I cant seem to find much info on them outside of this website (http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=830+1745+2772&pcatid=2772). Does anyone here have experience with them?

The tank I am wanting to put them in is moderately to heavily planted and is 29 gallons with a pH of 6.9-7.0(depending on CO2 concentrations) Gh around 3 and Kh around 7 drops...not sure on the conversion rates, the tank mates are: corries(golden), tetras, cardinals, ottos, some glass/ghost shrimp, and a dwarf gourami.

I also have considered Fundulopanchax sjoestedti as an alternative, since some people have had success with keeping them with most of the other tankmates.

Cermet
03-22-2011, 11:30 PM
Good luck with Foster/Smith - they ship FedX and all my fish from them end up DOA or dead by the next day; they don't refund shipping. Look for hobbyist that specializes in these fish and buy from them and have them use the USPO. They seem to handle live fish far better (and other things).
:hmm3grin2orange:

Jase82
03-29-2011, 08:42 AM
Hey xenador. Ive been doing alot of killi research after rediscovering these cool fish, and i am still trying to decide what species to go with.

This species is the Blue Lyretail Killifish. If you google that youll see a bunch of pics that look like yours.

More info is actually on this site about them. Just go to the third post on this thread http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=69810

In that thread there a many kilies and the blue lyretail may very well be the one i go with.

Tell me what you think.

xenador
03-29-2011, 06:17 PM
yep that sounds like them, now if only I could find someone who would ship eggs instead of live adults...guess its back to aquabid for me.