PDA

View Full Version : Fish have got to be dumb

Lady Hobbs
03-16-2011, 05:46 PM
I decided to cut loose 6 of my rainbowfish from the breeder tank to the main tank to see how they'd do. They are probably not much bigger than small neons right now. So where do they decide to reside but right under the nose of the angelfish. Wouldn't you think they'd be born with some kind of smarts that says "Big Fish! Run and hide?"

So far, so good but really? There life expentancy has been greatly reduced.

Rue
03-16-2011, 05:54 PM
LOL...well they might be dumb...but they're also young...:hmm3grin2orange:

Brhino
03-16-2011, 06:10 PM
"The closer we are to danger, the father away we are from harm."

"Hmm, that doesn't make much sense to me. But then, you are very small. Perhaps you're right."

- Pippin and Treebeard, The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

mermaidwannabe
03-16-2011, 06:49 PM
With no predators in the breeder tank, they probably have no idea that bigger fish can eat them. I assume their parents were removed as soon as they hatched, so they wouldn't cannabalize them? Now THERE's an example to set! Some parental "guidance" THAT is! LOL! :hmm3grin2orange:

Might be a good idea to return them to the breeder tank and let them grow out a bit more ...

-- mermaidwannabe

Lady Hobbs
03-17-2011, 02:36 PM
And now there are 3. Can't put them back in the breeder tank. I need it to treat my angelfish.

Cermet
03-18-2011, 10:17 PM
"The closer we are to danger, the father away we are from harm."

"Hmm, that doesn't make much sense to me. But then, you are very small. Perhaps you're right."

- Pippin and Treebeard, The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Not to go all LoTH on you, but that is exactly why Pippin said it - to confuse the well learned Treebeard into thinking that something is so deep and subtle that even something so logically wrong must be right - not unlike a few people have done in the recent past to great effect ....:hmm3grin2orange: