PDA

View Full Version : Help with new danios

Blackadder
05-02-2006, 02:56 PM
I am an ignorant beginner. I recently set up a 29-gallon tank and let it run for 2 1/2 weeks before buying fish. On the advice of the local fish store guy, I bought 4 zebra danios last Sunday. They seemed fine at first, but last night I wiped the outside of the aquarium with a paper towel, which made a squeaking noise and seemed to frighten them. Since then, they hide in the plants or behind the heater and rarely come out, even if I feed them. When they do come out, the appear to be aggressive towards each other.

Help!

William
05-02-2006, 04:25 PM
Theys should come out again if you give them a little time.

kimmers318
05-02-2006, 04:47 PM
My danios always appear to be aggressive towards each other...they are crazy hyper fish who chase each other around ALL day! It can get tiring to watch them sometimes, but as I understand it, it is normal for them to be psychos! I haven't ever seen anything frighten my danios except the net, but maybe the squeak was amplified in the water, so you should start seeing them again soon.

rollie
05-02-2006, 05:18 PM
they should come around.

tieu
05-06-2006, 04:28 AM
o lol i never knew danios were aggresive fish that chase each around all day. i thought they were goning to breed after i bought them for about 2 weeks. :lol: . they are always on top of the water swimming around they only go under when they are chasing each other. in my tank i have 5danios,6neons,2blue gouramis,2gold gouramis, 2 little catfish with red eyes and an angel fish, and about 8 guppies(rainbow, red and orange). they seem to be getting along but people tell me that the gouramis are aggressive fish they dont seem to be.

rollie
05-06-2006, 04:33 AM
gourami can be. any fish can be . seen neon beat molly up!!

tieu
05-06-2006, 11:57 PM
lol my neons can be eaten by nearly all of my fish. neons dont grow that big rite? or do u give them steroids or something lol

rollie
05-07-2006, 12:04 AM
neon do not get very big. but i have seen mean ones. wait till you been in it for 30 plus years.