PDA

View Full Version : Spunky Little She-Betta

Cyberra
03-09-2011, 11:37 PM
I've mentioned Flit before, in the Chatterbox section. She's the little female I got just after I lost Scarlet. Flit came out of a tank containing a couple dozen females, and I put her in a tank by herself. Once she figured out she was alone, she really drooped. Floated in the corner and curled her body into the same position Scarlet was in when she died. I did not think Flit would make it through the night. So, for the heck of it, I moved her to the female tank, with Lady and Silver.

In the big tank, Flit would lurk in the corners and under the plants. I made a point of looking for her every couple of hours and tapping her tail with a long straw just to see if she would react; if she swam away she was at least still alive.

Over a few days, she went from bottom corners to middle corners to top corners to a plant lurker, then finally came out into the open. She makes her name all honor; this little fish cannot keep still, and tends to move in sudden bursts of speed. Flit, flit, flit all over the place.

A few days ago Flit took on Silver for the position of second in the tank; I have a video of their confrontation. Flit actually won (and Silver has been sulking ever since). Now I'm seeing Flit poofing at Lady, the dominant female who is at least twice Flit's size, and chasing Lady all over the tank.

This is one little female who certainly has a lot of spunk.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Picture1727.jpg
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Picture1734.jpg
Flit has the red fins

DylanisHawttt
03-09-2011, 11:39 PM
Hahaha, I love bettas. They have so much personality :fish2:

Rue
03-09-2011, 11:43 PM
Nice! I agree...they're very personable!

Cyberra
03-09-2011, 11:45 PM
I'm trying to find a way to post the vid I have of Flit and Silver squaring off here, but I don't have a working youtube account and the file is too big to email.

Rue
03-09-2011, 11:48 PM
BTW...I think I've said it before...your tanks are so colourful! I think I like them because you have EVERY colour in them...lol...

Cyberra
03-09-2011, 11:55 PM
^_^ Colorful fish deserve a colorful home... And I've never been too fond of bland tanks.

Rue
03-10-2011, 12:34 AM
LOL...I tend to like bland...*bwokbwokbwok*...:hmm3grin2orange:

Cyberra
03-10-2011, 12:45 AM
XD And I like colors

The vid is 28kb... too big to email, so I can't get William to upload it ;_; I had a youtube account once, but I forgot my password years ago, and try as I might I can't get it back. Can't get a new account, either.