PDA

View Full Version : Popular demand - Pond update - Pond construction

William
03-08-2011, 07:36 PM
Here are some updated pictures of the pond construction. This is one of the garden ponds being worked on. This pond is done and home to turtles now so I will update with more pictures later today or tomorrow morning.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1949401/ac/IMG_2034.JPG

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1949401/ac/IMG_2053.JPG

As you can see I decided to remove the rocks from the edges to get a more clean feel to it.

(I am consider painting the house to protect it but I really like the gray cement against the plants and the feeling that gives so I am not sure.)

kingkarter
03-08-2011, 08:58 PM
Looks good william, Can't w8 to see it done

Rue
03-08-2011, 09:08 PM
Nice!:1luvu:

Do you white-wash in your area? A white-wash will still keep it looking 'local' but may keep it looking tidier, if you know what I mean.

Might also help delay wear and tear on the new structures...

Crispy
03-08-2011, 09:09 PM
looks great! I love seeing your pics! :18:

William
03-08-2011, 09:15 PM
Nice!:1luvu:

Do you white-wash in your area? A white-wash will still keep it looking 'local' but may keep it looking tidier, if you know what I mean.

Might also help delay wear and tear on the new structures...

delay wear and tear is the alure but I like how algea etc grows on the grey without a white wash. It looks a lot tidier in reality than it does on that photo. The camera donīt capture the light very well.

Rue
03-08-2011, 09:18 PM
I will believe you! thumbs2:

But I'll be coming down to check for myself one of these days...I need to sleep with the armadillo (you keep the alligator).

William
03-08-2011, 09:29 PM
How about this. You sleep with the armadillo and bring me an alligator ;-)

Rue
03-08-2011, 09:48 PM
Right! One Northern Canadian alligator coming up!

Cascade
03-08-2011, 10:06 PM
Sorry... don't mean to ask a dumb question but... is there a reason why I can never see any of the pictures that you post, William? All the other forum pics show up just fine, except yours, and I would really like to see the ponds and the rottie pup!

William
03-08-2011, 10:07 PM
Okay okay, how about a polar bear than, or simply a caribou

Rue
03-08-2011, 10:09 PM
...I'll see what I can do...but no promises...those are hard to fit in luggage...

William
03-08-2011, 10:10 PM
Sorry... don't mean to ask a dumb question but... is there a reason why I can never see any of the pictures that you post, William? All the other forum pics show up just fine, except yours, and I would really like to see the ponds and the rottie pup!

You are not worthy to see them:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

JK JK

See if you have dropbox.com blocked or listed not to load images from. the pictures are directly from my dropbox so that might be why.

In the meantime I attached them with this post.

William
03-08-2011, 10:12 PM
...I'll see what I can do...but no promises...those are hard to fit in luggage...
Just a hand luggage sized cubb is fine:hmm3grin2orange:

Cascade
03-09-2011, 03:30 AM
You are not worthy to see them:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

JK JK

Oh you are so funny, aren't you...

There they are! I got them to show up in the first post, too, yay thumbs2: Your pup is adorable, I'm impressed you've taught him to use the phone at such a young age, too. :ssmile:

William
03-09-2011, 04:12 AM
Good to hear that you see them. What did you need to do to see the original ones?

I will update with new pictures tomorrow.

Cascade
03-09-2011, 06:37 AM
Dropbox is blocked at work (whether specifically or by category, I don't know). I reduced my security settings on my home computer, but honestly I forgot to check before doing that so I don't know if that made a difference, or if it was only an issue with the company firewall. Thanks for answering the mystery because I didn't understand all these invisible pictures that everyone else was commenting on (it didn't show any indication that there was an image in the post, so I was starting to think I was losing it...)