PDA

View Full Version : Please Help!

Crawdaddy8
03-04-2011, 03:42 PM
Hi, I have a 75 gallon acquarium that is, essentially, a species tank of Bosemani Rainbows, (but also 3 crayfish & 2 plecos). Their were 21 juveniles in there, but the appear to be dying 1 by 1. Before one dies, they begin the same behavor: they isolate themselves and sort of hover. Then, they hang out at the top pointing their mouths at the surface of the water. It almost looks like they are trying to get air. They cruise around the top like this for a day or so, and then they disappear. (I assuming my crayfish are enjoying them.) Now, the odd thing is that I'm pretty confident that my tank is not the problem. I do water changes at least once a week of at least 25%, and this past week, in trying to alleviate this problem, I did 50% water changes on consecutive days. But to no avail. It seems like each day, one new fish is going into this death pang behavior. Now, one thing I suspect could be the culprit is salt. Apparently I listened to some bad advice and added a good amount of acquarium salt. But then I read on this forum that salt is probably bad, so I did a massive water change (really more like 60%). But this morning I awoke to find my most beautiful speciman swimming at the top of the tank . One last thing, I added one dose of this aloe vera stress coat stuff to help just in case the salt had burned their gills. Could someone please point me in a good direction here?

Thanks!!!

Northernguy
03-04-2011, 03:49 PM
Only one thread is needed not two.This one is closed.:22: