PDA

View Full Version : Moving Bettas

~Col~
02-28-2011, 07:54 AM
Hi All

I moved Dicey from his little 1gal planted tank today to a 5.5gal planted tank with some RCS & khuli's roaming about.

So far he's had a little stand off with one of the bigger RCS. Dicey backed down though, not the RCS. LOL!! But I've noticed that he's trying to hide instead of roaming around like he did in the little tank. Oh and I found him curled up behind the heater with two khuli's as well. No fighting, just sitting there together.

Is this normal? Is he just getting used to the "wide open spaces"?

The water parameters were the same for each tank. However, I still acclimatised him like I would any other fish to be safe. He's been in there for a couple of hours now and each time I look he's trying to hide, although he did eat some food about an hour ago.

Am I worrying about nothing?

tori.lock
02-28-2011, 08:00 AM
He is probably a little unsure about the new space, and may need some time to adjust.

However, that is an overstocked tank. I wouldn't keep much more than a single betta in a 5g. The kuhli's are meant to be in a much larger tank since they are active, social fish. They may encroach on the betta's space and risk making him more aggressive towards them. Rehome them immediately.

rich311k
02-28-2011, 11:47 AM
Give him some time to settle in, he should do just fine.