PDA

View Full Version : Plants question

JohnnyRaggs
02-27-2011, 12:57 AM
Hey all, just want to know what you all think of my planted tank and if I need to do, or stop doing anything.
I have a 45 gallon bow front tank. It set up with a medium (about 2.4 w/g) lighting set up, DIY CO2 set up, and nutrient substrate under my top substrate. It has been running since Aug 2010 and currently houses 3 Amazon swords, 1 Echinodorus Cordifolius, 2 Rosy swords, and the back have a group (around 10) of Vallisneria spiralis. The fish I have are 10 Rummy nose tetras, 7 Cardinal tetras, 3 Bronze Corys, 1 SAE, 1 CAE, 1 flower shrimp and 2 assasin snails. I have been dosing with liquid fert every 2 weeks. The reason I ask this is because I have recently had a bunch of Brown Hair Algae and small spots of blue green algae in my tank, I just set up the CO2 system today (feb 26) hoping that it will help it. I've had my plants in since Sept/10 and they are growing, but not REALLY growing. Basically its just new growth taking over the old growth. My Vallisneria is much taller on one side of my tank then the other. Also, some of the leaves on the swords are getting yellow and looks like they are dying. Do you feel that the CO2 will solve these issues? or am I missing something?

smaug
02-27-2011, 01:29 AM
Add some root tabs around each sword plant,they need more then the substrate will give them.Do you have some pics?