PDA

View Full Version : L-235 Pseudolithoxus anthrax

Lab_Rat
02-26-2011, 02:01 AM
Anyone have experience with L-235 Pseudolithoxus anthrax? My LFS has 3 of these and they look pretty sweet. They're not a bad price either, and I'm very tempted to get them, but I'd like to hear from anyone with experience with this species. TIA for any help.

skullduggery1
02-26-2011, 02:54 AM
Feed it chopped prawns, or scallops (in moderation to not cloud water)as they like some proteins in the diet.Ohh yah....watch those spines,they are particularly nasty on this one.

Lab_Rat
02-26-2011, 03:05 AM
What's a decent price for one? They're $20.50 each at my LFS. Do the spines tend to get tangled in nets and such? Are they bad about piercing bags? I'm going to be moving in 3 months so I should be downsizing, and moving the fish is a concern.

skullduggery1
02-26-2011, 03:22 AM
That is a decent price,for what the store paid for them.They pierce nets,bags,fingers,other fish ,fins.Great for a cichlid tank.Only aggressive towards other pleco's and some syno's,pim's and bagrids.Anything that will try to jockey for a hide.I use large deli cups for small to medium pleco's when transporting or a rubbermaid tub.

Lab_Rat
02-26-2011, 03:26 AM
Hmm, I may have to pass then. They'd be in my 75g for now which currently has a breeding pair of BNs and 4 pictus (pictus will be going to auction in 2 weeks). Thanks for the info.

~Col~
02-26-2011, 06:58 AM
I saw one of these at a new LFS the other day. They are stunning!! Our price over here $85 AU. But then anything unusual like these are over here.