PDA

View Full Version : Celebes

BridalWreath
02-25-2011, 11:08 PM
So, of course, I had to visit my local pet store while I was downtown and thankfully I did. While looking for a couple of fish, my eye caught some gorgeous Celebes. Of course, I thought that they would actually help add color to my tanks, especially with the Pristella Tetra. He only had three: two males and one female, but I bought them and asked him to keep an lookout for me for some more. :D Yep.. apparently I shouldn't be unattended in a fish store. -cough-

Sandz
02-26-2011, 12:31 AM
:worthless:

BridalWreath
02-26-2011, 09:50 AM
I'll get up the pictures. :D I promise! I just need to lure them out. I'll try to get the male and female, since I have two males and one female. (Hoping to get one or two more females and another male). When I get home from work, I'll snap a photo.

Gisela
02-27-2011, 08:45 PM
I have 4 in my 55 gallon. Two didn't make it when I bought them. But the other ones are growing and doing well now. They are beautiful. Will get more, when my LFS gets them in again.

HockeyPisces14
02-27-2011, 09:19 PM
I hope, you guys don't mind me chiming in here with a question: Do you keep your Celebes in water with salt addition? I read some contradicting information online.

Omi256
05-17-2011, 05:23 PM
As one can see from my avatar, Celebes are probably my favorite fish. I had trouble with mine dying from starvation or catching the white spot disease until I started feeding them blanched vegetables, since which none have died and the white spot disease is now gone from my larger (300 litre) tank (it was never present in my smaller (40 litre) tank.)

As for the question of salt water addition by HockeyPisces14, I am not sure what you mean, but I will say that both my aquaria are given some aquarium salt every time I change the water.

Sandz
05-17-2011, 05:55 PM
Still no pics?

Omi256
05-24-2011, 08:44 PM
Still no pics?

I rarely take photographs, preferring to paint my fish (I will soon be able to show you some of my paintings of fish and my aquascape paintings, however.:razz: )

Taurus
05-24-2011, 11:50 PM
The Complete Book of the Freshwater Aquarium by Vincent B. Hargreaves lists Marosatherina ladigesi ( Celebes rainbowfish) as a brackish-water species. So, they need brackish conditions similar to tidal estuaries. Salt is required.

They are very beautiful fish.

Omi256
05-25-2011, 01:42 AM
@Taurus: As such, I put aquarium salt in my aquaria.