PDA

View Full Version : old pond, new fish

econerd
02-25-2011, 10:16 AM
hi, I have 4 fish waiting to go into our pond outside but the pump leaks water somewhere an I can't work out where. I'm going to go out and have a look at it in a bit and get some photos of it. I dont know the make of pump yet as we rent the house and it was here when we moved in but I shall try and find out. I was just wondering if anyone knew where it could be leaking from? the box is burried away from the pond and isnt the easiest thing to get to but it has a large pipe that draws the water in from the pond through a fountain, takes it into a large green box, passes it through some foam and what looks like bits if cut up pipe and then chucks it back out into the pond through another pipe. I've taken the fountain out of the equation as I thought it was the wind taking the water onto the grass but it's not that. any suggestions would be greatly apreciated.
also is a net I've the top a must have? ive never seen or heard any predatory birds other than an owl, we don't get sea gulls up here and the garden is enclosed. I just find nets ugly and won't have one if it's not needed.
thanks for any help.

econerd
02-25-2011, 11:14 AM
the pump is called a green geenie 2000. ive got some pictures of it but I'm on my iPod so need to work out I I can upload them from here but here's a white tube stuck in the ground next to it but it's got a stick and all sorts suck in It. is this likely to be anything to do with the pump or not?