PDA

View Full Version : Clown loach dead....

Mdsuave13
07-09-2007, 06:39 PM
I have had 4 clown loaches for about 2 months now... I have had no problems up until yesterday. I was gone most of the day, and when i came back one of the loaches had keeled over.

I checked the water and 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite and 20ppm of nitrate. I have 2 small airstones, live plants, and i feed them 2 small meals a day.

I did notice last week that one of the loaches had a couple of loach wounds on his side from i assume another loach spearing him with his little whiskers.

But it seemed like he was completely fine and had no problems.

Does anyone have a clue what could have caused the rapid and seemingly random death?

I know that when loaches are startled or not healthy they turn a light greyish color and are lethargic, but none of them looked bad.. so im just stumped.

Sorry for the long post, any ideas would be helpful.

tropfish
07-09-2007, 06:42 PM
The wounds could have gotten infected, but other then that i can't think of anything.

RobbieG
07-09-2007, 06:43 PM
Loaches tend to be much more sensitive than other fish. He may have gotten an infection from the wound.

Mdsuave13
07-09-2007, 10:03 PM
thats what i was thinking... well i went to the LFS to replace the poor guy and i found a 7" clown loach for 19.99.. he is in FANTASTIC shape.. so maybe it was meant to be?