PDA

View Full Version : one anubius dying, one thriving.

jonny5
02-22-2011, 12:29 AM
so i have this one large anubius in my freshwater tank for a while, like 8 months. Over the past 2 weeks or so it has started to yellow, i would say that 1/3rd of the plant is yellow.

Now i had anubius in my brackish tank and the salinity got too high and it almost died, only had 2 leaves. I washed it off and threw it into my freshwater tank. In 4 days it has sprouted 3 new leaves. That growth rate is astronomical for anubius.

so why the hell is one dying and one absolutely bursting with growth?

smaug
02-22-2011, 12:35 AM
Anubis will often explode into growth when added to any differing environment if its at all suitable. For example,all my anubis was dying in my 58 a few months back,so I threw it all away.I bought a half dozen new ones and changed nothing about available nutrients,the new ones are doing great.Dont know why,just know is:hmm3grin2orange: I have seen this with rhizome plants several times.

BrandonBCA
02-25-2011, 11:16 AM
I'd guess the one that was in the brackish water stored all the energy it took out of its leaves, and now is out competing the other for nutrients due to burning off its excess stores.