PDA

View Full Version : Peru's Poop...yup it needs it own thread!

jessfish
02-21-2011, 09:12 PM
Peru has been back in the main tank for a couple days, he seems good i just noticed that his poop is white & has specs of sand in it...plus he looks a little 'fat' today.
i took away his food a while ago bc if he's bloated or something i dont want him eating anymore.

the goldfish get flakes & pellets - all sink to the sand substrate & Peru does go after the extras but i've never noticed his poo white & full of sand before

Should i be concerned?

skullduggery1
02-21-2011, 09:13 PM
Does PERU have it's own facebook page?:hmm3grin2orange:

CassieLEO
02-21-2011, 09:17 PM
:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:
hahahaha!!!! I think he will be ok hunny LOL!!!

Goes to 11!
02-21-2011, 09:20 PM
I hope he straightens out but this REALLy caught my eye because...

I was at the Peru Mall & also the Peru Library today - No kidding, It's the town I live in.
Lasalle-Peru.

jessfish
02-21-2011, 09:24 PM
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hmm3grin2orange:
I post so much about him people know Peru is a pleco so i didnt go with 'pleco poop'

facebook pg!!! omg if i had a lot of time on my hands that would just be entertaining to do!

i should start a blog or journl or whatever on here 'the adventures of Peru'

so his poop is ok?
i don't need to be concerned....
why has this started now, or have i just missed it for a yr?

my god now the bugger is looking for his food! he's not getting it back until his belly flattens out a bit

CassieLEO
02-21-2011, 09:47 PM
His poop is ok LOL! He is pooping more due to the salinity of the water he was in for a couple days. It makes them poop more. And he is clearing out. Plus you said he wasnt eating as much when he had the growth so he is prolly pigging out more. You should do a blog, I do one for Sweet Pea!

jessfish
02-21-2011, 10:39 PM
His poop is ok LOL! He is pooping more due to the salinity of the water he was in for a couple days. It makes them poop more. And he is clearing out. Plus you said he wasnt eating as much when he had the growth so he is prolly pigging out more. You should do a blog, I do one for Sweet Pea!

how & where do i do a blog, im seriously thinking about this...i saw the 'aquarium journals' thread but not sure thats the right spot

i just did a water change, which of course the goldfish love, peru hides, but as soon as i take out the 'dirty' water & am about to add the new water he quickly poops everywhere!

nice.

CassieLEO
02-21-2011, 11:21 PM
Up at the top where you look at your points is a button that says "Blogs" and click on it. Then you hit "My Blog" and you can work from there.

Cyberra
02-22-2011, 02:06 AM
how & where do i do a blog, im seriously thinking about this...i saw the 'aquarium journals' thread but not sure thats the right spot

i just did a water change, which of course the goldfish love, peru hides, but as soon as i take out the 'dirty' water & am about to add the new water he quickly poops everywhere!

nice.
XD Sounds like Peru has a thing against clean water

jessfish
02-22-2011, 11:42 PM
I didnt give Peru any food until this afternoon...about 5hrs ago he got a good chunk of zucchini...
http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i330/Jessfish2011/hungry.jpg

CassieLEO
02-22-2011, 11:48 PM
Oh yeah, you will be having some good Peru poop tonite LMAO!!!

Rue
02-23-2011, 12:05 AM
That is some well-munched zucchini!

Cyberra
02-23-2011, 12:29 AM
I'd say Peru was hungry, judging by what's left of that zucchini