PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Home

eroc1085
02-21-2011, 08:38 PM
Welcoming home two baby L-81 Golden Nugget Pleco's. One is for a friend but is staying with me for another week. They are about 2.5" are doing great. They have Joined a nice community including and LDA31 mustard spot(3"), 2 GBRS (pair), 6 Tiger barbs, 2 Panda Corys and 1 Angel...Their current home is a 28gal bowfront running good filtration ;), a ML penquin 150 and an aquaclear 30. (those plecos are incredible waste-ful) Dont worry, only temp. I have a 125 in progress and when its complete the mustard spot, Golden Nug and the Angel are there and most likely the panda's only adding about 20 more.

These two seem incredibly playful. Every time the lights go out these two are out of their caves exploring... Its funny cuz the mustard spot barely ever leaves his area. I almost NEVER see it. They're a really neat pair i kinda dont wanna let the other one go but as i said, i got it for a friend.

Does anyone have any tips on resealing a tank?

CassieLEO
02-21-2011, 08:40 PM
COngrats on your new Plecos!!! You will looooove them!

Dont ask me about resealing as I OBVIOUSLY dont know jack about doing it right LOL!!! (Mine sprang a leak after 2 weeks if you dont know what im talking about)

eroc1085
02-21-2011, 08:47 PM
(Mine sprang a leak after 2 weeks if you dont know what im talking about)

actually, i read all about it. Im sooooo sorry! and thank you so very much. I felt i had to describe my filtration bc people would frown on my keep of multiple plecos with a family in a semi-small tank. lol, but everyone really is young and small, even the angel (prob quater size) Im a geek, i think...

anyway, again, thanks a lot. Pictures will come when i can figure out how to snap in the dark and get a good shot!

Eric

CassieLEO
02-21-2011, 08:50 PM
I getcha on that! They will be fine im sure :) I cant wait to see the pictures!!!!

eroc1085
03-08-2011, 02:09 AM
Unfortunately one of the l81's bit the big one. It was the pleco i posted about with the grey-ish fungal/bacterial infection. Which btw, i couldnt figure out exactly what it was. I was searching for days on the net and couldn't come up with a CONFIDENT ANSWER as to the problem and solution. :( oh well. You live n learn. Next time (hopfully never) i will try something different and hope it works.

However, the other L81 seems to be doing just fine! He's part of a nice community. In about three weeks or so he's moving into a 125gal with discus and schools of asst. tetras.

E