PDA

View Full Version : Left for a week unminded

S13DWS
07-09-2007, 09:26 AM
Please don't hate me. I had to leave my fist for a week on thier own with no minder.
My grandfather went into hospital and died unexpectedly on sunday two weeks ago. On tuesday we were going to drive down to wellington to be with the family. Monday morning taking my brother to school i got three text messages, all at the same time, all saying the same thing. "do u remember (insert friends name here)? She hung herself last night when she found out she was going to jail for driving convictions"
Excellent :( anyhow, we drove down to welly, twas fairly uneventful, went to my mates funeral which had a turnout of over 900 people. went to my grandads funeral the next day and found out there that a family friend had also died and so there was another funeral the next day.

So my whole family was down in wellington, mum and dad came back up and i asked mum to look after my fish as i was staying for another week. I come back up and my demasoni tank is at an incredibly low level of water, ammonia and nitrate levels skyrocketed yet pH was the same and nitrites were at a grand total of 0.

So water change there and a top up and then onto the turtle and catfish (oddly getting along fine) until i notice the catfish is upside down at the top of the tank. 'mum did you feed my catfish?' no i didnt know you wanted me to.

such a sad two weeks :(

tropfish
07-09-2007, 01:35 PM
sorry to hear all the losses in such a short time.

troy
07-09-2007, 10:10 PM
That's horrible.

sergo
07-09-2007, 10:45 PM
damn man, that's aweful. i feel very sorry for you. i hope things turn back your way very soon. good luck and keep your head up.

RobbieG
07-09-2007, 10:49 PM
Sorry for your losses. Hope things get better for you.