PDA

View Full Version : New to the board

Gawd_oOo
07-09-2007, 02:39 AM
New to the board, just getting back into the red bellies.

I can already see from reading a few posts that my use of live food won't go down to well. But my P's seem to enjoy it, and they do get a variety live, flake, pellet, and frozen.

I just bought 8 RBPs they cleaned out a 55g community tank, tho they don't mess with the 4 Black barbs, and they only nip the cory's when they invade the wrong turf. The Barbs have free roam of the tank, no nips on them. Oh btw the RBPs are 2-3". I am assuming eventually they'll eat all the other fish, but you never know.

Setting up my 105g (waiting on plants right now) the 105 will house 2 breeding pairs once they reach the appropriate size and pair up. The other 4 will stay in the 55 unless I see problems with water quality. If I see problems I'll sell them back to the pet shop, and figure out something else to do with the tank.

I have a 10g setup as a molly breeder. Easy Live food.

And Finally I have another 10g that will be used for the RBP fry.

I have had tanks most of my life. Breed everything from guppies to angels. Kept RBPs once before, had Oscars, and all the common stuff.
Other then that I much more of a reader then a poster.

xoolooxunny
07-09-2007, 02:45 AM
welcome aboard, its a friendly forum here!

Live food can be a little risky, but, if you take good care of the molly tank and can breed them fast enough, that would be a good source of clean live food for the RBP every so often.

Drumachine09
07-09-2007, 03:22 AM
Welcome to the A.C.!

If you have piranhas, you are automatically cool in my book.

rollie
07-09-2007, 07:58 AM
welcome to ac. lol

crackatinny
07-09-2007, 09:59 AM
Welcome to AC:22:

RobbieG
07-09-2007, 10:32 AM
Welcome to AC