PDA

View Full Version : How long to observe

fishn00b
02-11-2011, 01:09 AM
I finally decided to take the chance with adding a couple corys to my 10g planted with a betta. Of course he is pretty curious about them but has not nipped or attacked. He does do the threat display and hover above them for a second then swims away.

How long should I continue to observe this with my fingers crossed that he doesn't start killing the little guys? Is he just showing them "who's boss" and will cool out after a couple days?

CassieLEO
02-11-2011, 01:20 AM
Do they have places to hide if he does? I would just watch a couple of days and keep the Betta well fed for a couple days. They seem to be less agressive when they are full LOL!

mikeDUDS
02-25-2011, 03:25 PM
Do they have places to hide if he does? I would just watch a couple of days and keep the Betta well fed for a couple days. They seem to be less agressive when they are full LOL!

Agreed. Just don't feed him after midnight :hmm3grin2orange:

I don't know if your tank has room, but you may try adding a few more cories as well (assuming "a couple" meaning 2?). Strength in numbers!!!!

Cheers!

Duds

KatzeSlaugen
02-25-2011, 04:20 PM
as long as theyre the smaller species of corys you could do 4 or so in the tank if you wanted to beef their school up. if they have plenty of hiding spots they can easily get away from and hide from the betta!