PDA

View Full Version : How's this for a good aim?

Lady Hobbs
07-07-2007, 12:20 AM
She placed her eggs directly between the sprainer holes and the center strainer missing every opening.

Drumachine09
07-07-2007, 12:24 AM
Or maybe she did put them there now, but they got sucked up!

I have that fake corkscrew val in my tank too!

Lady Hobbs
07-07-2007, 12:27 AM
I watched her the whole time. She knew exactly what she was doing. Guess I will have to remove the tube and just stand it in the corner of the tank and cover the filter hole with a piece of nylon but she attacks my hand when I try to reach in the tank.

Drumachine09
07-07-2007, 12:31 AM
I watched her the whole time. She knew exactly what she was doing. Guess I will have to remove the tube and just stand it in the corner of the tank and cover the filter hole with a piece of nylon but she attacks my hand when I try to reach in the tank.

She must be one that has done it before. Is it possible to transfer it to a peice of slate or something, or are they permenantly attatched?

Lady Hobbs
07-07-2007, 12:34 AM
Oh ya. Stuck like glue. They had slate in the tank for spawning but some some reason, like those filter tubes.

Drumachine09
07-07-2007, 01:01 AM
Oh ya. Stuck like glue. They had slate in the tank for spawning but some some reason, like those filter tubes.

Haha, they are probobly like "Hey, lets mess with her head!"

gm72
07-07-2007, 01:02 AM

Very interesting behavior. I think you've got the right idea, protect the eggs by removing the tube and insert a temporary "fix". Silly Angel!

crackatinny
07-07-2007, 02:57 AM
Cool, lets hope you get a batch of fry out of this spawn:thumb:

troy
07-07-2007, 03:20 AM
Good luck with the spawn.

Rue
07-07-2007, 03:38 AM
...well now! That's different...

Algenco
07-07-2007, 11:06 AM
Angels pick a location in the tank that they like, not necessarily an object. Try moving the filter and placing a slate in the spot where the intake was.

xoolooxunny
07-07-2007, 03:10 PM
That's pretty neat, congrats on the eggs. try blocking her off from the tube while you remove it, or take her out temporarily so she doesnt attack you.

Lady Hobbs
07-07-2007, 03:47 PM
Got her, the mate and the filter tube all moved. I had a featherfin in with her and she was going nuts when he come near the eggs.

xoolooxunny
07-08-2007, 04:06 PM
do you have a lfs that will buy the babies from you? The Hidden Reef in my area has some local breeders, they get their angel fish from a retired lady who does it as a hobby in her house, so check around!

Lady Hobbs
07-08-2007, 08:40 PM
Not problem so far as one of the pair ate all the eggs last night. The male is still young so may have been shooting blanks. Most of the eggs were dead yesterday. I would like to get rid of all these angels other than maybe for 3 of them. They are really pretty but having so many tanks and always keeping them separated is annoying.

nanaglen2001
07-09-2007, 06:12 AM
What a shame, they ate the batch.

As far as I know Angels like to put their batches on vertical things, like Echinodorus leafes, heaters (mine did it....thos idiots) and stuff like this.

Maybe you should get such a thing Discus breeder use (dont ask me the term of it)

But last but not least, this was a hell of a big batch...but compared to the eggs of Meekis or Sajicas, the eggs of Angels or so darned SMALL:help:

Nick_Pavlovski
07-10-2007, 12:37 PM
she attacks my hand when I try to reach in the tank.

Is there a bit of piranha in her family tree, somewhere? :ezpi_wink1:

nanaglen2001
07-10-2007, 12:45 PM
Just a good Mum, Cichlids (and Angels are Cichlids) can become Tigers when it comes to defend their babies. I dunno how often I was bitten by my Sajicas and Meekis:help: